Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: List of Countries Not Requiring Quarantine

Liked

Re: List of Countries Not Requiring Quarantine

So what is the procedure after arrival and taking the Corona test?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Uranus View Post
    So what is the procedure after arrival and taking the Corona test?
    It's explained in the link that MFAS provided in the post "November Openings".

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    It's explained in the link that MFAS provided in the post "November Openings".
    I think Uranus is expecting a detailed explanation of the procedure. This is not explained in the link.

There are important missing details, such as how we get from the airport to our incarceration in the SHA+ hotel.

I expect we will need to book SHA+ transport, rather than a normal bus or taxi. This is not explained.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

The process for those following the Phuket Sandbox protocol, as recently as last week, was that on booking the SHA+ hotel, in their case for 7 nights, in the new programme sounds like one night, the SHA+ hotel books the transport from the airport to the hotel.

Again in the Phuket Sandbox system the test was taken at the airport, the passenger was transported to the hotel, and remained there, in their room, until the result came through some six hours later, via the hotel, that the test was positive or negative. If you got the all clear you were then free to roam in Phuket, in the new system it sounds like free to roam nationwide.

I imagine the new system will be similar, but only time will tell.

Liked

I read they will announce the SHA hotels soon...so are travelers supposed to Book and Pay for this one night in the SHA approved hotel prior to arrival, or upon arrival at the airport I wonder?? Then you can go book at anyother hotel I assume...after your negative covid test comes out.. And I wonder the cost of the Covid PCR test at the hotel?? or does the govt pay it..

Liked

Anyone actually intending to go to Thailand, needs to make the effort and do a little research, including reading announcements.
    Anyone intending to be a troll can ignore the work and keep asking questions.

It's already known that we need pre-booking of an SHA+ hotel to get the "Thailand Pass", which is needed to get into the country.

We will pay for the PCR test. The presentation document says it is bundled in the hotel booking. However, for the Phuket sandbox, it apparently has to be ordered separately.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If I have to be imprisoned for a night on arrival I hope it will be in a Pattaya hotel.

Will we be informed via the app whether we have "passed" the test? I wonder how long it will take.

Liked

I might have read it wrong , but on gaybuttons site , there is a copied statement from the tourist board , which says that people from low risk countries now have to stay for a min of 21 days if so that will be a bit of trouble as some people can only manage 14 day hols

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    I might have read it wrong , but on gaybuttons site , there is a copied statement from the tourist board , which says that people from low risk countries now have to stay for a min of 21 days if so that will be a bit of trouble as some people can only manage 14 day hols
    Yep, you read that wrong.

I just read the statement I think you're referring to on GB's site and it says "Visitors from any of these countries (46 low risk countries) must have also stayed in that country for at least 21 days prior to departure and received their second jab dose at least 14 days before their flight to Thailand.

It doesn't say anything about the duration of visits in Thailand for fully vaccinated tourists.

11. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (October 24th, 2021)