Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Time Retirement Visa

Liked

Re: First Time Retirement Visa

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    The advantage of getting a retirement visa in Thailand as opposed to your home country is that you get an O-B visa instead of an O-A visa which doesn’t require you to show evidence of a health insurance policy with minimum coverage of 400,000 baht in patient and 40,000 out patient. excluding your initial Covid policy.
    Incidentally, any one applying for a 90 day O-visa on the e-Visa system needs to attach proof of insurance for 400,000 baht inpatient and 40,000 baht outpatient.
    The insurers I have provide medical cover and don't distinguish between inpatient and outpatient cover. So we shall see how this goes with the visa application.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

The insurers I have provide medical cover and don't distinguish between inpatient and outpatient cover. So we shall see how this goes with the visa application.
    The policy you describe should clearly describe the amount ($) of out-patient coverage you have. If it doesn't, you could have problems.

Good luck.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If our applications are rejected for this reason, I assume we will be able to find different insurance cover and resubmit. And, in general terms, l also assume, or at least hope, that an application that is rejected will include an explanation as to why.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I agree at some point all long term holders of an O visa will be required to meet the new insurance requirements
    I agree with what you say about trying to make sure of having an insurance policy that has no age cut off date. I certainly wouldn't want my insurance to be cut off as I am reaching the age at which I am more and more likely to need it.

As for what will be required for O retirement visa holders, maybe requirements will change and maybe they won't. Many have convinced themselves that they will. However, the fact remains that so far I have seen no indication whatsoever that will happen. Even if it does happen, we don't know whether requirements will be grandfathered in.

I learned a very long time ago to follow the advice of one of my old friends, a prosecution attorney in Florida: "Don't worry until you have something to worry about." That is good advice and so far from immigration there is nothing to worry about. I'll do my worrying if and when some sort of official change comes out if they start requiring something I can't comply with. I won't be losing any sleep over rumor mill predictions.

5. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (October 25th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

If our applications are rejected for this reason, I assume we will be able to find different insurance cover and resubmit. And, in general terms, l also assume, or at least hope, that an application that is rejected will include an explanation as to why.
    Personally, I'd rather do it the right way from the beginning and remove all these assumptions.

Telling ones insurance company that IP and OP coverage must be clearly described for immigration purposes should suffice. If the Company can't and won't do that, then I'd question the coverage myself and find another company..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Personally, I'd rather do it the right way from the beginning and remove all these assumptions.
    That's normally what I'd do. However, Emirates provide insurance included in the cost of the ticket.
    The insurance is proven to meet Thai requirements for the covid insurance on COE, but I'd forgotten that the O-visa has different insurance requirements.

I've avoided middle Eastern airlines like Emirates in the past, but these days the choice of flights is more limited. The combination of free changes, with no limit on extensions to the trip, free insurance and sensible flight times swung the decision.
    The alternatives were KLM, who would not allow a later change of flight beyond 3 months and Swiss, who had an inconvenient early morning departure from LHR.

The "free" insurance lasts for the duration of the trip, which was, I thought, a big plus.
    Unfortunately, "If the trip is extended after I take the outbound flight, they cannot extend the insurance".
    This is a slight blow, as it would be unwise to start with a return flight that is beyond 90 days.

Liked

90 day O-visa received, with the "free" Emirates insurance.

9. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 27th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

90 day O-visa received, with the "free" Emirates insurance.
    You mentioned before that Emirates insurance has been proven to meet Thai covid requirements (U.S. $50k) - so it looks like you're all set.

Happy sailing.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Excellent news. Thanks for sharing.

Liked

It has been posted on AesanNow that a Non-O visa (not Non O-A) can now be had in USA at a Thai consulate/embassy.