List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bars to Open on December 1st ???

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Bars to Open on December 1st ???

I suspect that there will be consolidation; and it is quite possible it would have happened- more slowly of course- without Covid. The JC is in the process of taking over from Boyztown and Sunee. That's where the MBs and punters will end up.

Recent Youtube footage provides a pointer; JC is empty but apparently habitable (with its new roof) while BT is boarded-up and disfigured by rubbish. Even the sign near Panorama is covered. Very sad. Happy memories.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 14th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I have gotten over mourning the lose of Sunee several years ago and also Boystown a couple of years ago. I occasionally walk through the complex but rarely if ever do I sit anywhere as it is really not my cup of tea. I have some interest in seeing what becomes of nice Boys and quite less interest in Wiinner. Nice Boys began to lose some of its allure as hardly if ever in recent years did any new faces appear as the regular boys got long in the tooth. I would like to believe that if N.B. reopens they will have some new boys as many of the old timers have moved on and the bar has a poor history of recruiting new talent.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Nice Boys began to lose some of its allure as hardly if ever in recent years did any new faces appear as the regular boys got long in the tooth. I would like to believe that if N.B. reopens they will have some new boys as many of the old timers have moved on and the bar has a poor history of recruiting new talent.
    This often happens with straight bars as well - the 'working' staff gain effective control of a bar and form a close gang that stays together for years - gradually aging and taking less care of the clientele as they do so.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

The JC is in the process of taking over from Boyztown and Sunee. That's where the MBs and punters will end up.

Recent Youtube footage provides a pointer; JC is empty but apparently habitable (with its new roof) while BT is boarded-up and disfigured by rubbish. Even the sign near Panorama is covered. Very sad. Happy memories.
    Yes, the consolidation (migration) you see towards Jomtien Complex (JC) really started back in 2016 - at a time when we started seeing increase in Chinese tourists frequenting Boyztown, and Sunee Plaza was on a downhill spiral.

I used to live in JC (above what is now M2M Bar) back when both Boyztown and Sunee were in full swing, and rarely, if ever, visited the JC bars. Now, with this consolidation we're talking about being almost complete, JC will most likely be the center hub for gay nightlife in Pattaya as you eluded to, at least for the foreseeable future.

Interesting that the roof and gutter installation, misc. infrastructure investments, and the renaming of the Complex, all occurred after the pandemic started and businesses were down. The fact that the majority of bars in JC remain poised to reopen ASAP should come as no real surprise to anyone.

The next major challenge facing the bar owners is drawing enough customers to support the operations. i.e., re-staffing of personnel, building (rebuilding) of inventories, and possibly paying back-rent (if required). Obviously, this will be a long incremental process completely dictated by tourist-flow until they are all fully operational again. At least that's the way this thing seems to be unfolding.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Employing Thai guys? or is that a thing of the past? We occasionally have a drink in JC and everyone seems to be from Cambodia or Laos. Nothing wrong with them, of course but are Thais MBs now restricted to massage and the apps?

Liked

I wonder whatever happened to the Bamboo Bar just down from JC near the beach.

I have offed some hunky masculine guys there over the years. We went around the corner to a short time hotel rather than go back to the Ambiance Hotel in Boyztown.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The Bamboo Bar is still there - and will hopefully reopen in Dec if the Gods are with us.

There was a boy there named Ball who was more my type....a bit mince (don't ask). Tall for a Thai...a real doll...nicest ass this side of the Mississippi...and switched from baritone to soprano in bed.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    The Bamboo Bar is still there - and will hopefully reopen in Dec if the Gods are with us.

There was a boy there named Ball who was more my type....a bit mince (don't ask). Tall for a Thai...a real doll...nicest ass this side of the Mississippi...and switched from baritone to soprano in bed.
    I make stops in Bamboo quite often - owner fluently speak Russian
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    are Thais MBs now restricted to massage and the apps?
    On the last trip, I offed just 2 guys from the bars, both were Thai and worked at Winner.

Much more trade was done on line, as has been the case in recent years. Back in 2015, all my meet ups were with lads working at bars, but now I get better results on the apps.

Considering apps, bars and massage combined, the nationalities met on the most recent trip were: Lao 27%, Khmer 35 % and Thai 38% (approximately). That was with border restrictions in place.
    I do tend to choose slim lads & that is likely to influence the result, as the first thing I notice when crossing the border into Cambodia or Laos is how slim their people are.

0% from Vietnam, Myanmar and the Philippines.

11. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 15th, 2021)

Liked

There is a YouTube video, said to have been made last Friday, showing a few girl bars open in Hua Hin's Soi 80 area, replete with girls and beer. Early curfew seems to be observed however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-rder9H-cw