List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bars to Open on December 1st ???

Liked

Re: Bars to Open on December 1st ???

Hopefully. In my mind I'd like to be able to go by Feb 28th. That's exactly 2 years since I left. The problem I have is that as it stands, foreigners are not allowed to enter China so until that changes I'm stuck.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Well if everyone has the same attitude as vnman and Oliver then it will still be the same six months from now won't it.
    Au contraire!
    If everyone had this attitude, it would end this nonsense much quicker

3. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (October 13th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

Yes...one of the reasons I'm waiting a few months( God-willing, not as many as six!) is that I want to read detailed (OK, and sexy) reports from intrepid travellers.
    If I were in the same situation this is probably the same approach I would take, for the mere fact that you just can't believe anything the powers-to-be release in the media..

As long as there were no quarantines, and at least the beaches and massage parlors were open, it would work for me. The apps are loaded with available boys, and there's always boys around even with the bars being closed. Beats a stick in the eye.

When they do actually allow the bars to reopen it will be a gradual process for the obvious reasons, but my bet is that at least a dozen boy bars in Jomtien Complex will reopen almost immediately, which could be the spark that reignites the gay nightlife in Pattaya. Could be wrong...could be right.

Many bar owners are remaining positive - why don't we remain positive along with them.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (October 13th, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 14th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Many bar owners are remaining positive
    They are? I don't know that. Where are you getting that from?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post

They are? I don't know that. Where are you getting that from?
    I'm getting this first-hand by talking to bar staff and several bar owners during my frequent visits to the gay areas. I was just in the Complex this morning and had a nice conversation with the staff at Home Bar, as well as a boy who works at M2M. I'm hearing the same thing I've been hearing for months now: The majority of bar owners in the Complex are definitely geared to reopen as soon as the green light is given, thus the reason these bars are constantly being cleaned and maintained in a state-of-readiness.

I had a long conversation with the owner of Green Chairs Bar/Sunee last Wednesday who has the same plans. (deleted) Bear and Mak at Nice Boys have told me they plan to do the same. I talked to 3 boys who were cleaning inside Winner Bar/Sunee last week as well and they said the same thing.

I visit these areas frequently just for this very purpose and speak directly to the people involved.

I have had no direct communications with staff or bar owners in Boyztown in quite some time.
    Last edited by a447; October 13th, 2021 at 19:49.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 13th, 2021), arsenal (October 13th, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 14th, 2021)

Liked

I'm getting this first-hand by talking to bar staff and several bar owners during my frequent visits to the gay areas.
    Excellent. First hand knowledge is always the most reliable. If they do reopen as hoped and do well, I think that would encourage other bar owners to go ahead and reopen rather than wait to see which way the wind blows.

Have they said anything about what kinds of restrictions are going to be imposed?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post

Have they said anything about what kinds of restrictions are going to be imposed?
    The reason I have never asked anyone this question, is because there is no way that they would know that at this juncture.

Of course, everyone is hoping for the best, but the way the government works (as you well know) it's anyone's guess right now.

My guess, for the plug nickel it's worth, is that the bars will probably have to follow the same safety protocol as all other businesses, e.g. safe distancing, masks, etc., and possibly "vaccination certificate verification" at some point. Just a wild guess.

Liked

I'm getting this first-hand by talking to bar staff and several bar owners during my frequent visits to the gay areas. I was just in the Complex this morning and had a nice conversation with the staff at Home Bar, as well as a boy who works at M2M. I'm hearing the same thing I've been hearing for months now: The majority of bar owners in the Complex are definitely geared to reopen as soon as the green light is given, thus the reason these bars are constantly being cleaned and maintained in a state-of-readiness.
    I do hope that optimism spreads elsewhere - I had a report from Hua Hin yesterday - the main Bintabaht bar area is looking totally abandoned. No maintenance, no preparation and weeds in the street..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post

I had a report from Hua Hin yesterday - the main Bintabaht bar area is looking totally abandoned. No maintenance, no preparation and weeds in the street..
    As much as it pains me to say this, the Boyztown area looks much the same as you're describing.

Many of the bars and other small businesses on Pattayaland sois 2 and 3 have been vacated and/or boarded up. Very depressing to say the least. Hard to see what the future holds for them.

Liked

Just for comparison:

In the UK, pubs and bars were allowed to open for outdoor service back in April.
    If I remember correctly, indoor service with restrictions was on 17 May.
    Full opening for indoor and outdoor service was on 19 July.

For calibration, Thailand has now delivered almost 62 million vaccine doses, which is where the UK was on 25th May.

Obviously there's a slight difference in government attitude to bars.