List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bars to Open on December 1st ???

Liked

Re: Bars to Open on December 1st ???

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I make stops in Bamboo quite often - owner fluently speak Russian
    Is that Bamboo himself who can speak Russian or his boyfriend/partner whom I assumed was Icelandic or Dutch but could well be Russian.
    The boyfriend, I wish I could remember his name, was always very friendly and generous with drinks.
    Bamboo also owned various premises around Jomtien and in another life had a girly bar in Bangkok's Soi Cowboy.
    I look forward to going back when he can re-open.

Liked

Isn't this the same government that said Pattaya will be open Oct 1st?

I'm planning mid 2022 myself for Laos.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I received more feedback yesterday from some of the gay bars.

I spoke with a well-dressed Thai man who had just exited Dorothy's Show Bar in JC (not sure if he was the owner or not) and asked him the golden question. He said they hope to reopen as early as next month but may have to wait until December to serve alcohol. No surprise there. He said the new establishment will have nightly cabaret shows similar to M2M and The Venue.

I spoke with the waiter at Home Bar again just because he was sitting there alone (and he's cute as hell). He said they (Home Bar) will revert back to a bar with host boys as soon as they receive the green light.

I heard from the owner of Green Chairs Bar/Sunee, as well as a friend who lives in the area, that Mama Lek also plans to reopen on December 1st.

So far so good, at least for Jomtien Complex and the skeleton that's left of Sunee.

I still have no direct information regarding Boyztown bars, but the place is looking more dilapidated every day. Hard to predict what the future has in store...Not a pretty sight.

4. 11 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 17th, 2021), arsenal (October 16th, 2021), Brad the Impala (October 16th, 2021), dab69 (October 16th, 2021), daydreamer (October 17th, 2021), Jellybean (October 17th, 2021), Oliver2 (October 16th, 2021), Patanawet (October 17th, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 16th, 2021), snotface (October 16th, 2021), vnman (October 23rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Boyztown bars......the place is looking more dilapidated every day....Not a pretty sight.
    Maybe grab a pic or two when next passing and share with us, just to let us see too......hmm or maybe such a sad sight maybe not ! But yeah, go for it.....

Liked

Well actually Boyztown looks dilapidated and deserted even in normal times during the day. 24 hours maximum to be up and running again whenever the demand is there. This is Thailand and on this occasion that's a good thing.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (October 17th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post

Maybe grab a pic or two when next passing and share with us, just to let us see too......hmm or maybe such a sad sight maybe not ! But yeah, go for it.....
    I had my camera sitting next to the door with battery charged to address your request, but, unfortunately, it's been raining cat n' dogs non-stop all morning. I avoid buzzing around the bay on my motorbike in the rain - so I'll try again tomorrow morning.

If there's any particular shots you'd like me to capture just let me know. I'll try to get a few shots in each of the gay areas at a minimum.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

daydreamer (October 17th, 2021), Nirish guy (October 17th, 2021)

Liked

I still have no direct information regarding Boyztown bars, but the place is looking more dilapidated every day. Hard to predict what the future has in store...Not a pretty sight.
    I can't imagine Boyztown without David Kerridge.

Liked

I received more feedback yesterday from some of the gay bars.

I spoke with a well-dressed Thai man who had just exited Dorothy's Show Bar in JC (not sure if he was the owner or not) and asked him the golden question. He said they hope to reopen as early as next month but may have to wait until December to serve alcohol. No surprise there. He said the new establishment will have nightly cabaret shows similar to M2M and The Venue.

I spoke with the waiter at Home Bar again just because he was sitting there alone (and he's cute as hell). He said they (Home Bar) will revert back to a bar with host boys as soon as they receive the green light.

I heard from the owner of Green Chairs Bar/Sunee, as well as a friend who lives in the area, that Mama Lek also plans to reopen on December 1st.

So far so good, at least for Jomtien Complex and the skeleton that's left of Sunee.
    A well dressed Thai man; a waiter; and Mama Lek; very reputable sources of information on the reopening?
    Until there is an official announcement, all their opinions are wishful thinking although I do hope their thinking is correct.

12. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 18th, 2021), catawampuscat (October 18th, 2021), gerefan2 (October 18th, 2021), mr giggles (October 23rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post

A well dressed Thai man; a waiter; and Mama Lek; very reputable sources of information on the reopening?
    Until there is an official announcement, all their opinions are wishful thinking although I do hope their thinking is correct.
    I’m not sure I can totally agree with you.

The bars being discussed have been making concerted efforts to stay afloat, and doing so by maintaining their bars even when closed and remaining poised to reopen, are doing so by making decisions, and acting on those decisions based on conviction, which is Positive Thinking. In contrast, wishful thinking is just believing in belief.

I also wouldn’t be so quick to discard opinions coming from people who work in these bars. I can usually get more useful information from a taxi driver than I would if I were talking to the owner of the taxi company.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Some bars maybe taking steps to reopen in December however, the infection rate will dictate wether or not they reopen not wishful thinking.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"