List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bars to Open on December 1st ???

Liked

Re: Bars to Open on December 1st ???

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I just wish a higher percentage of people over here were vaccinated, but, it is what it is.
    Our vaccination rate is 83% in the Netherlands. We have 20% of Thailand's population but 50% of their daily new infections.

When I look at the different countries in the world and how they handle this pandemic, I can honestly say that I've lost the plot.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 23rd, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 24th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

4. 8 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 23rd, 2021), daydreamer (October 23rd, 2021), dinagam (October 23rd, 2021), Dodger (October 23rd, 2021), Manforallseasons (October 23rd, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 24th, 2021), splinter1949 (October 25th, 2021), vnman (October 24th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It doesn't look good for Pattaya.

Jai just translated the PM speaking on TV at a news brief this afternoon where he apparently unveiled the plan.

Only four areas in Thailand (coded blue) will have alcohol bans lifted and Pattaya isn't one of them. Jai said the PM mentioned Phuket, Bangkok (certain districts), Pang nga and Krabi.

I hope Jai was misinterpreting this.

Liked

It's OK with opening the bars but unless the tourists start returning in large numbers , the expats cant keep them all going

7. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 30th, 2021)

Liked

Only four areas in Thailand (coded blue) will have alcohol bans lifted and Pattaya isn't one of them.
    Let's see - the Pattaya bars can open December 1, but can't serve alcohol? Really?

If they actually do this, is anyone having any trouble figuring out the next item to be placed on my "I Don't Get It" list?

I don't suppose there was any word on why the alcohol ban won't be lifted, was there - or when it will be lifted?

If it actually does happen this way - I would think every bar owner in all of Pattaya plus their employees will be raising holy hell.

I find it very difficult to believe this really is going to happen. It makes no sense. In my opinion, from among the most incredibly inexplicable decisions I've ever seen Thailand make, this one would definitely have a place in the top ten.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Jai just translated the PM speaking on TV at a news brief this afternoon where he apparently unveiled the plan.

Only four areas in Thailand (coded blue) will have alcohol bans lifted and Pattaya isn't one of them. Jai said the PM mentioned Phuket, Bangkok (certain districts), Pang nga and Krabi.

I think we need to make sure exactly what the position is from a trusted source, like Richard Barrow, before hyperventilating.(No offence Dodger)

10. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 30th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/curfew-...es-from-nov-1/

Seems you can drink in EATERIES ONLY from 1 NOVEMBER, but, as Dodger says, Pattaya is not on the list.

Only BKK Phuket Krabi and Phang-Nga.

No mention of bars.

Liked

This is the latest update from the Bangkok Post confirming the above information posted by Dodger . . .

Bangkok booze ban to be lifted

'Blue zone' tourism designation for four provinces means alcohol can be sold in restaurants from Monday

published : 29 Oct 2021 at 17:39 writer: Online Reporters

Restaurants in Bangkok will be allowed to sell alcohol starting on Monday, as the capital has been designated a "blue" tourist zone with fewer Covid restrictions, alongside Krabi, Phangnga and Phuket.

But even as authorities prepare to ease up on some Covid rules, they are taking steps to keep anti-government protesters at bay as the reopening to international visitors approaches.

An announcement published on the Royal Gazette on Friday bans any public gathering "in a manner that could spread the virus". Violators face two years' imprisonment and/or a fine of not more than 40,000 baht. The announcement, signed by Gen Chalermpol Srisawasdi as head of a Covid-19 team, takes effect on Monday . . .
    For the full article see: Bangkok Post
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    Let's see - the Pattaya bars can open December 1, but can't serve alcohol? Really?.
    Perhaps we're all missing the point and the Thai government aren't so daft after all as perhaps they're working off that well trotted out "fact"? that there's MUCH more profit on soft drinks than there is on alcohol and in fact bar owners would and should be delighted if we were all sitting drinking nothing but Coke all night ( personally I doubt that whole more profit thing and who wants to drink 6 pints of coke on a night out .....but still)

So MAYBE this is their serious attempt at quickly and vastly increasing the profits in all of the tills in the bars they had to close right across Thailand !
    ( note my tongue is firmly lodged in my cheek as I type this as the phrase piss up and brewery and couldn't organise comes to mind quicker perhaps )

14. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (October 30th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Maybe this explains it
    Attached Images Attached Images