List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Bars to Open on December 1st ???

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Bars to Open on December 1st ???

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Looking at case numbers over the past while, I find it hard to believe bars will be open again in a month.

There were some encouraging signs there and looked like things were on the decline with multiple days dropping all the way into the 7000s. Now we're back into the 90002 and have been for a while.

Besides, I get my booster in January, so think I'll hang out here for that anyway.

You said you were black listed?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

I have booked my flight for early December (KLM, just 460 EUR), and I'm really looking forward to getting away for my first holiday in a long time.

I hope the bars are open by then, but even if they're not it will be worth it just for the break.

I am following the news from Thailand like everyone else here and, to be honest, I have no idea why the government is even considering reopening bars and entertainment venues at this time when the vaccination programme is still at such an early stage.

A target of 70% of the population would still leave 21 million Thais unvaccinated. Currently just 30 million Thais have received two doses of vaccine, though the vaccination rate is higher in areas like Bangkok.

The delta variant is happily circulating among both vaccinated and unvaccinated people here at home in Ireland, despite a vaccination level of over 89% of people over the age of 12. Cases among the vaccinated here are generally much lest severe, but hospitalisations and infection numbers are rising rapidly all the same.
    Bars reopened only recently, nightclubs only last week, and there was a lot of hesitancy about the decision to reopen these venues because, putting it bluntly, alcohol consumption during a pandemic only makes things worse.

I am concerned that reopening too quickly will force Thailand into another lockdown, if hospitals are overwhelmed by a sudden increase in infections.

Hopefully that won't happen, it will damage Thailand's credibility as a tourist destination if it does.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 30th, 2021), Oliver2 (November 5th, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 31st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    You said you were black listed?
    From Thailand, yes. As it turns out though, there's more countries in the world than just Thailand.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    The delta variant is happily circulating among both vaccinated and unvaccinated people here at home in Ireland, despite a vaccination level of over 89% of people over the age of 12. Cases among the vaccinated here are generally much lest severe, but hospitalisations and infection numbers are rising rapidly all the same.
    This is the new normal. Covid will circulate & our resistance will be kept up by periodic infections, usually mild, or vaccine boosters.
    If governments get their act together with booster programmes, the age adjusted mortality rate should be below the levels of 10, or maybe even 5 years ago.
    We've had decades of improving life expectancy. Just because, with vaccines, covid winds the clock back and gives us life expectancy at 2015, or 2010 levels, it doesn't mean we should all be under restrictions for ever.

I am concerned that reopening too quickly will force Thailand into another lockdown, if hospitals are overwhelmed by a sudden increase in infections.
    Hopefully that won't happen, it will damage Thailand's credibility as a tourist destination if it does.

Thailand should hit the 70% vaccination target in December. They have currently given out over 73 million doses, which is equivalent to the level in the UK back on 18 June.
    England opened bars for outside trade back in April.
    All domestic restrictions were abolished in England on 19 July, when 82.6 million doses were already delivered in the UK. Thailand will probably reach that number of doses sometime in the middle of November.

So the relaxation timetable is if anything, more cautious in Thailand. Thailand will probably benefit from a warmer climate and continued mask wearing. However, at present, the vaccine mix is inferior.

I suppose there is a risk of further lockdowns. Of course, a lot depends on the attitudes of the politicians and population. Do they accept that covid will be continuing to circulate & that we should get on with life, now vaccines reduce the severity ? Or will they continue to be cautious ?

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 30th, 2021), Kenny (October 30th, 2021)

Liked

If someone is coming here as a sex tourist if in fact the GoGo bars will reopen Nov.1 along with other venues serving alcohol there is little reason to come to Pattaya until things loosen up here.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    If someone is coming here as a sex tourist if in fact the GoGo bars will reopen Nov.1 along with other venues serving alcohol there is little reason to come to Pattaya until things loosen up here.
    1 Not everyone comes to Thailand purely as a sex tourist. I suspect the majority have at least some other interests in life.

2 I'm told that some sex tourists have discovered Romeo, Grindr etc.

3 Where else would the "sex tourist" find gogo bars full of cute Asians ?

4 Given the lack of gogo bars in other countries, he can either give up on life, as some seem to have. Or pick the best available holiday option in 2021 and make the best of it.

5 Should a "sex tourist" have any expectations different to a "sex expat" ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have booked my flight for early December (KLM, just 460 EUR), and I'm really looking forward to getting away for my first holiday in a long time.

I hope the bars are open by then, but even if they're not it will be worth it just for the break.

I am following the news from Thailand like everyone else here and, to be honest, I have no idea why the government is even considering reopening bars and entertainment venues at this time when the vaccination programme is still at such an early stage.

A target of 70% of the population would still leave 21 million Thais unvaccinated. Currently just 30 million Thais have received two doses of vaccine, though the vaccination rate is higher in areas like Bangkok.

Bars reopened only recently, nightclubs only last week, and there was a lot of hesitancy about the decision to reopen these venues because, putting it bluntly, alcohol consumption during a pandemic only makes things worse.

What an incredibly intelligent outlook. Very refreshing to read.

Congratulations on booking your trip.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Kenny (October 30th, 2021)

Liked

I am anxious to hear if the GoGo bars in BKK open Nov.1…..I haven’t been in a long time but if GoGo bars open there and remain closed here I will be in BKK very soon……can’t wait! I have a feeling I won’t be the only one…….I wasn’t thrilled when the scene moved from Soi Twilight but anything is better than nothing.

12. User who gave Like to post:

goji (October 30th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

Not everyone comes to Thailand purely as a sex tourist.
    I met an elderly bird-watcher from Barcelona back in 1998 who came to Thailand solely for the purpose of capturing pictures of the extremely rare Chestnut-Necklaced Partridge which was apparently spotted by some campers up in mountains of Chiang Mai. He made it very clear that this was his one and only reason for coming to Thailand.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (October 30th, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 31st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I met an elderly bird-watcher from Barcelona back in 1998 who came to Thailand solely for the purpose of capturing pictures of the extremely rare Chestnut-Necklaced Partridge which was apparently spotted by some campers up in mountains of Chiang Mai. He made it very clear that this was his one and only reason for coming to Thailand.

Lol, too bad there isn’t a bird watching app. Call it HUMMINGBIRD
    Attached Images Attached Images