List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    As I've said elsewhere, remember that most hotels aren't open.
    While that may be the case in Pattaya, it is not the case in Phuket, where many hotels are open with some even filling up in the Christmas holiday period.

Liked

Re: Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1

Visitors from at least 10 countries including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, China and the United States will be exempted from quarantine on arrival, Prayuth said in a televised speech.
    I found the same wording in all English language news. Didn't bother to look up the original in Thai. Apart from those countries mentioned, it's pretty unspecific.

As before, I will wait and see what actually comes out of this announcement. And I hope no quarantine means no hotel booking necessary means no more COE. I'm ready to go on a few days' notice, provided Cambodia is among the countries exempt from quarantine and COE is abolished and good connections (flight or even better land border open).

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Jellybean (October 13th, 2021), vnman (October 13th, 2021)

Liked

What Prayut said was that these are suggestions to be put by him to the full meeting of the CCSA tomorrow (Thursday).
    There are also sub committees putting their own suggestions for discussion, among them one suggesting changing the curfew to 23:00.
    The meeting will be chaired by Prayut so I doubt if anyone will go against his suggestions.
    NOTHING is set in stone till published in the Royal Gazette soon after the meeting.

THEN the provincial governors can tweak to suit local conditions.
    Last edited by Patanawet; October 13th, 2021 at 18:05. Reason: Changed 'the dictator' to the name.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    There are good deals to be had if you dare. He who dares wins.
    Are you sure that is the total price? These two airlines advertise prices with luggage not included.

Liked

I'm not sure if it includes baggage, peanuts, bloody mary's, or a quick one with the cabin boy. Caveat emptor.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (October 13th, 2021)

Liked

I'm not sure if it includes baggage, peanuts, bloody mary's, or a quick one with the cabin boy. Caveat emptor.
    Shouldn't you be aware of this when you claim that something is cheap? It's not peanuts we are talking about. I assume that we all can do without the peanuts but also need checked-in baggage which would easily add an extra 25% to the price.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    Shouldn't you be aware of this when you claim that something is cheap? It's not peanuts we are talking about. I assume that we all can do without the peanuts but also need checked-in baggage which would easily add an extra 25% to the price.
    It doesn't matter. Anyone booking a trip should do their own research, as requirements can vary from cabin bags to 2 or more checked bags.
    I've done 1 week Euro breaks with the old Ryan Air spec carry on bags, before the ****s changed the rules. Since they changed the rules, I've not flown with them.
    Have always checked a bag for Asia, but it's not mandatory.

10. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 14th, 2021)

Liked

"Shouldn't you be aware of this when you claim that something is cheap? It's not peanuts we are talking about. I assume that we all can do without the peanuts but also need checked-in baggage which would easily add an extra 25% to the price."

Not really. I don't need to be aware of anything to do with your travel costs.. I just posted some info on flights out of the UK as an example. And we don't all need checked baggage. I haven't checked a bag in for over ten years making do with whatever I can fit in a holdall.

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 14th, 2021), goji (October 14th, 2021), Nirish guy (October 14th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I haven't checked a bag in for over ten years making do with whatever I can fit in a holdall.
    Yes isn't it amazing how 10 years ago we mainly wouldn't have considered NOT packing a suitcase to go away for a week or more and now you're consider it almost a crazy idea to even THINK of taking one ( and paying the ridiculous prices they charge to put you off doing just that in the first place). Plus it's not even the money now so much as just the over all handiness too i not having to lug a suitcase around with you - so yes I'm with you on the haven't packed a "case" in over ten years too think ( well except for my 6 weeks in Thailand trips.....but that's mainly all just to carry the sex toys and lube of course ! lol)

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 14th, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 15th, 2021)

Liked

Flying short haul, with Easy Jet & so on, we have no idea how long the queue for baggage drop will be. If might be a couple of minutes, or a long queue taking almost an hour.
    It's much better to go directly to security with a carry on bag.
    Then at the other end, be off the plane quickly, be first through security and leave the airport with no wait to collect baggage.

Something like a Cabin Max which met the old Ryan Air, Easy Jet etc rules for free carry on luggage could easily take everything I needed for a week abroad AND it would fit under the seat in front if necessary.

Also, why the hell don't Boeing and Airbus optimize their small aircraft for the target market ? We need less luggage space under the plane and more overhead locker space. So it needs a 737 or A320 with a lower floor & bigger lockers.

Getting back to the topic, The Bangkok Post confirms the end of quarantine, for just 5 countries but does not tell us what entry restrictions will be in place. Well they mention a RT-PCR test, but nothing is said about deleting all the other requirements.
    "Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said the CCSA resolved on Thursday to allow in fully vaccinated visitors from Britain, the United States, Germany, Singapore and China if they pass an RT-PCR test before arrival."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...s-being-opened

The Pattaya Mail has something slightly more helpful, as "preliminary criteria":
    "According to the minister, visitors will need to present evidence of full inoculation against COVID-19 as well as a pre-departure test result for COVID-19. They will need to take an RT-PCR test upon arrival in Thailand and must spend the first night at an Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility or an authorized hotel to wait for the test result. The visitors will need to cover expenses incurred from these requirements. Once a negative result is confirmed, a visitor may then travel anywhere in Thailand"
    https://www.pattayamail.com/thailand...lifting-375706

16. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 15th, 2021)