List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1

Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1, Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said on Monday, as the Southeast Asian nation tries to revive its pandemic-hit economy.

Thailand last year suffered its deepest economic contraction in more than two decades, with the key tourism sector still struggling.

Visitors from at least 10 countries including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, China and the United States will be exempted from quarantine on arrival, Prayuth said in a televised speech.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-p...z3oi9uWd-gCWHY

Thanks to Z909 (other forum )for the good news

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 11th, 2021), Brad the Impala (October 11th, 2021), Oliver2 (October 12th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1

Hooray!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Hooray!
    Am anxious to hear about your planned trip.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

PM has asked the CCSA and the Ministry of Public Health to urgently consider allowing foreign visitors to enter Thailand without any requirement for quarantine if they are fully vaccinated and arrive by air from low-risk countries.
    All they are required to do is to show an RT-PCR test result undertaken before they leave their home country, and do a test in Thailand. After that they will be free to move around Thailand as Thais can do.

AND no bars or pubs and alcohol till December.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (October 16th, 2021), christianpfc (October 13th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

[QUOTE=Patanawet) AND no bars or pubs and alcohol till December.[/QUOTE]

I can’t speak for BKK but without bars there will be little reason for people to return to Pattaya, surely not for the pristine beach or the many cultural sites.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (October 12th, 2021), Patanawet (October 12th, 2021)

Liked

When did United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, and the United States become low risk countries? Some decision making person cannot read statistics.

10. 5 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (October 12th, 2021), Brad the Impala (October 12th, 2021), dinagam (October 12th, 2021), splinter1949 (October 12th, 2021), vnman (October 13th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Am anxious to hear about your planned trip.
    How touching is your interest! I had already booked my christmas/new year trip to take advantage of the Phuket Sandbox, which I now read may no longer be operative by the time I get there! Nevertheless as it is a relatively curtailed visit I'm still going to stick to Phuket and neighbouring provinces, with perhaps a short side trip to Bangkok. So sadly I will have to forego the pleasure of your company as I know that you rarely venture far from Pattaya these days.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Caution. Wait until the rules are fully spelt out.

There’s no quarantine in Phuket....but you have to go into the Sandbox for 7 days.

Don’t raise the glasses until the Sandbox is abolished.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 13th, 2021), vnman (October 13th, 2021)

Liked

Sooner than I expected - and a great stepping stone.

> Now we need the bars open and tourist normality back.

Dare I book tickets for the end of the year now? - I have this feeling that once full normality is announced, they'll be a rush on the airlines..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Uranus View Post
    When did United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, and the United States become low risk countries? Some decision making person cannot read statistics.
    The UK has quite a high number of cases. However the risk of that person bringing covid to Thailand could be reduced by requiring them to do a PCR test 72 hours before departure and again shortly after arrival in Thailand. My guess is those requirements would remain in place in a sandbox programme.

With the testing, I suspect any arrival from the UK is less likely to have covid than the locals. Particularly when the locals will be avoiding testing like the plague, just in case failing gets them sent to a field hospital.

The other point is variants. Currently the UK has delta, just the same as Thailand. However the UK has a very active programme screening for virus mutations, so if something new appears, it is likely to be detected quickly.
    In that respect, the UK is low risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    Dare I book tickets for the end of the year now? - I have this feeling that once full normality is announced, they'll be a rush on the airlines..
    1 I guess it's a sandbox, which would put a lid on the numbers, as that is not full normality.
    2 The choice and timing of flights is currently inferior to pre-covid. So if they do announce some reasonable rules, might we see the likes of EVA dust off their planes & start providing some more choice for the consumer ?