List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post

Dare I book tickets for the end of the year now? - I have this feeling that once full normality is announced, they'll be a rush on the airlines..

The million $ question.

Firstly, if you want to travel at the end of the year you will have to pay more anyway. I find any dates after the first week of December fares rise astronomically.

Secondly, I cannot see “full normality” any time soon. All that is suggested is that quarantine is abolished. That leaves the Sandbox and it’s yet to be announced restrictions. We won’t know what these are until further announcements are made.

You can rest assured it won’t be straight forward! TiT.

Best wait a bit. I am!

2. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (October 13th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I can’t speak for BKK but without bars there will be little reason for people to return .
    And there was no mention of the curfew.
    The CCSA meeting to determine all this is on Thursday.

Liked

Well, Pattaya will mostly be dry & sunny from December-February, so it will be shorts & T-shirt weather.
    The coffee shops & restaurants are very likely to be open.
    There will be a nice selection of lads on Grindr, including from Laos & Cambodia (some have been there the whole time).
    The beach will most likely be open.
    Massages WILL be available (either legally or discretely)

The big questions are:
    1 Whether going out for a beer means visiting a friend, drinking beer out of a mug in a "restaurant" (= bar with a sideline in food) or some kind of full opening with/without hours restricted ?
    2 What will the sandbox rules be ? If too restrictive, well it's time I returned to Phuket.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post

Firstly, if you want to travel at the end of the year you will have to pay more anyway. I find any dates after the first week of December fares rise astronomically.

I used to think that until I tried Expedia.
    It IS true for Delta.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dab69 View Post
    I used to think that until I tried Expedia.
    It IS true for Delta.com
    I wouldn’t use a consolidator in the current climate.
    Difficult to change bookings and there are many going bust.
    I’m booking direct with the airlines for the moment.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (October 12th, 2021)

Liked

There are good deals to be had if you dare. He who dares wins.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Kayak.co.uk far better prices particularly in premium classes.

Liked

Hang on there!
    These are 'suggestions' by the dictator that he will put to the full CCSA meeting on Thursday.
    They can modify these in any direction.
    Then they have to be published in the Royal Gazette.
    Then provincial governors can further modify.

I notice he didn't mention the curfew.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As I've said elsewhere, remember that most hotels aren't open. They will need to re-hire many of their staff and although Agate assured me that they were ensuring that maintenance standards are being.....maintained, re-opening will take time. And as far as flights are concerned, I assume that some planes will have been mothballed and that putting them back into service isn't as simple as turning on my central heating in autumn.

I'm a masochistic viewer of Youtube "Pattaya today" videos. Those empty sois and boarded-up premises, not to mention the soup-kitchens, are enough to persuade me to wait.

12. 4 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (October 12th, 2021), Manforallseasons (October 12th, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 13th, 2021), vnman (October 13th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

google flights give a comparison-or at least here in this continental country- of all main airlines and booking-middlemen
    THEN go to the airline concerned to book directly
    Note that airprices can also vary a big lot depending on how long you stay away