List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1

Liked

Re: Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I haven't checked a bag in for over ten years making do with whatever I can fit in a holdall.
    If you are content to make daily trips to a laundry and don't mind having little variety in your attire, you can get away with very little baggage. I find daily laundry runs a bore so have a three day routine that requires thirteen shirts for use in Thailand* and one warmer one to go to and from the airport in - what with other bits, hand luggage is not enough.

However, I've known people in the past who were sufficiently well in with a bar to be allowed to leave a holdall in the staff locker room to await their return.

*One shirt for daytime, a fresh one for the evening, six to the laundry every three days, six to collect, plus of course, one to wear while going to the laundry..

Liked

Re: Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from 10 low-risk countries starting Nov. 1

I should know better than to trust the Bangkok Post.
    Listening to the CCSA announcement, he says the 5 "example" countries were discussed, but the list is NOT finalized.

Listen from 2:20:
    https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd...47905443331887

Liked

In spite of having everything in Thailand that I need for living, I've just arrived here with two large, full and heavy suitcases. Caused some raised eyebrows at my place of incarceration, but it's amazing what one 'needs'. In addition there's another couple of bags full of computers and cameras/lenses. Needless to say I choose and airline with a generous baggage allowance... which I didn't come anywhere near matching.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 15th, 2021), francois (October 15th, 2021)

Liked

I would think....that having to pay extra for a suitcase on the plane,,,,is the LEAST of ones concern....NO COE,,,NO INSURANCE....NO QUARANTINE...
    ONLY a pcr test ....This sounds like the right response....

6. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 16th, 2021)

Liked

I remember when I sold up everything and moved to live in Thailand in November 2011 I carried everything I owned in one big suitcase and a carry on. I had to jump up and down on the suitcase to get it closed and the carry on was jammed too. I had booked Business Class on Eva because I knew I would have trouble with my overweight suitcase. The check in lady was almost shocked at how overweight the suitcase was and I did the whole sob story routine, eyes welling up, saying I was moving to live in Thailand with everything I owned.......grovel....beg.... After a pause she waved me off, looked at the carry on and said "I am not even going to weigh that!" Wonderful woman!

8. 8 Users gave Like to post:

billyhouston (October 17th, 2021), christianpfc (October 17th, 2021), daydreamer (October 17th, 2021), dinagam (October 16th, 2021), goji (October 16th, 2021), Jellybean (October 17th, 2021), Oliver2 (October 16th, 2021), snotface (October 16th, 2021)

Liked

they said 10 countries and listed 5.

10. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 17th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by London68 View Post
    they said 10 countries and listed 5.
    The list of countries is not yet decided and the five countries are "examples". The CCSA spokesperson said the actual list will be issued next week and include "a lot more than 10 countries".

Source (CCSA): https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/vi...54806905601077

Well worth listening to at least the first 90 seconds.
    This guy presents in English better than BJ.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Pattaya begins removing homeless before foreign tourists see them

Pattaya has begun removing homeless people from the streets before the city’s planned reopening Nov. 1 so foreigners won’t see how desperate things have become.

City hall and Chonburi Social Development and Human Security officials picked up vagrants and tramps from numerous locales and transported them to a temporary center in Naklua where each was tested for Covid-19.

From there, the homeless were given a choice: Go back to your home province at the province’s expense or be admitted to the Chonburi Protection Center for the Destitute.

While social workers couldn’t force them to make that choice, the vagrants faced arrest if they chose to go back to the streets.

Deputy Mayor Banlue Kullavanijaya said the mobile service units that processed the homeless will continue to patrol the city to remove vagrants from Pattaya before they are seen by returning foreign tourists next month.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pat...ee-them-375768

Can we search through the boys section?

13. User who gave Like to post:

Manforallseasons (October 17th, 2021)

Liked

Vagrants and tramps = homeless people.

15. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (October 19th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As usual, the promise of commercial gain, particularly for the already comfortably-off, results in the poor, some of whom may well have been doing quite well two years ago, being considered not as worthy of support and compassion but as an eyesore. To whose example do these politicians aspire? Buddha or Mammon? Silly question.

17. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (October 19th, 2021)