List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Announcing New Boy Bar in Boyztown area Pattaya..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Announcing New Boy Bar in Boyztown area Pattaya..

I wish the new Boy Bar the best of luck. I'll be there when it opens to gladly make my donations...and could care less about the music volume.

Old people have a tendency to bitch and complain too much, and sometimes expect the world to rotate around their very needs. I told myself that I would never allow myself to get like this. So far, so good.

You've placed yourself in a city know for it's wild nightlife, and have the choice of either adapting to your environment, or going somewhere else where the environment is more conducive to your tastes.

There are plenty of bars that play soft music - you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Liked

A bar that gears itself to the oh so picky lickerty cliquey stingy wingie moaning miseries groaning gizzards humpety grumps that make up the expat community is sure to fail.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (October 14th, 2021), Dodger (October 9th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat View Post
    The show boy bars would die without the Asian customers and not even notice if the elderly farangs stayed away.
    The bars themselves would not notice but the guys sure would.

Afterall, we off them, whereas the Chinese clientele only sit with them and buy them some drinks. They rarely off them.

A lot of guys would probably earn enough to make ends meet but if you want big bucks you actually have to "make ends meet" back in the hotel room.

5. 6 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 9th, 2021), billyhouston (October 10th, 2021), Dodger (October 9th, 2021), gerefan2 (October 9th, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 10th, 2021), TaoR (October 9th, 2021)

Liked

Prior to COVID-19 outbreak, the older Western farangs were a small minority in the boybar customer base.
    The Asian men and Women, mostly Chinese were the life blood of the bars, especially the show bars. Bars like Boyzboyzboyz were
    packed with Asian customers and nary an older farang in the mix.
    The Asian customers are more accepting to louder music than most older western farangs and the bars gear themselves
    to where the money is and not the tiny minority of older farangs. It’s a business and the reality is we are not a force to be
    reckoned with. The show boy bars would die without the Asian customers and not even notice if the elderly farangs stayed away..
    The same goes with lady men lip syncing and flamboyant mamasans. Most Asians accept and it’s all part of Thai culture.
    Many older farangs think of boybars as gay bars. They are not gay bars, they are boy bars!
    There are exceptions but boy show bars cannot survive on older gay men.
    Well - fine

Let that gullible demographic enjoy the 3-3-3 regime..

3" dick
    3 minutes to cum
    3000 baht

- Everyone else wants a good deal..

7. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 9th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    Let that gullible demographic enjoy the 3-3-3 regime..

3" dick
    3 minutes to cum
    3000 baht
    I think you mean the 5-5-5 regime. Or hâa-hâa-hâa in Thai.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 9th, 2021), TaoR (October 9th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The Asian men and Women, mostly Chinese were the life blood of the bars, especially the show bars. Bars like Boyzboyzboyz were
    packed with Asian customers and nary an older farang in the mix.

The Asian customers are more accepting to louder music than most older western farangs and the bars gear themselves
    to where the money is and not the tiny minority of older farangs.
    In the words of Kevin Quill back in the early 2000's: "Old people are going to complain. It's just their nature, but as a bar owner you have to know which side of the bread the butter's on, and focus on the needs of ALL the customers".

The atmosphere he wanted in "Throb" required full-bodied music to accompany his shows, but it wasn't blasting so loud that you couldn't hear yourself think. But even then, there were older customers who would occasionally complain. It was inevitable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (October 9th, 2021), Patanawet (October 9th, 2021), TaoR (October 9th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I think you mean the 5-5-5 regime. Or hâa-hâa-hâa in Thai.
    In general, the Asian are out to have a good time, often with many friends. They spend a lot of money.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    In the words of Kevin Quill back in the early 2000's:.
    I received a message from a friend that K.Quill has gone to that big GoGo in the sky. R.I.P.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

14. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 9th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    it wasn't blasting so loud that you couldn't hear yourself think. But even then, there were older customers who would occasionally complain. It was inevitable.
    I hope the information that Kevin Quill has died turns out to be a false alarm.

Meanwhile, Kevin Quill was not the wise old man of the go go bar scene, so I don't necessarily agree with his idea of how loud the music should be. "Old people are going to complain. It's just their nature"? Is that so? I was complaining about excessively loud music long before I would likely have been anyone's idea of 'old people'.

Old people complained about the music being too loud. I'll bet he never got complaints from anybody that the music wasn't loud enough. Play the music at a reasonable level, I'll be glad to be your customer. Play it excessively loud, I'll be glad to be somebody else's customer.

16. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (October 10th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post

"Old people are going to complain. It's just their nature"? Is that so? I was complaining about excessively loud music long before I would likely have been anyone's idea of 'old people'.
    And you're still complaining now.

If there's a place that's playing music louder then you prefer - just cross it off your list and go somewhere else. Why should bar owners, and patrons who don't mind the music volume, be inconvenienced by your complaining?

18. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 9th, 2021), francois (October 9th, 2021), Oel (October 10th, 2021), Patanawet (October 9th, 2021)