Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thailand OFF the UK red list

Liked

Re: Thailand OFF the UK red list

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Shouldn't this thread, with such in inaccurate title, either be put to bed or incorporated with the similar thread with an appropriate title, IMHO!
    Good idea, Brad the Impala. It made no sense to continue contributing to the Thailand Remains on U.K. Red List topic when it will be taken off the UK red list at 04:00am on October 11th, 2021. I have therefore merged it with the existing topic, Thailand OFF the UK red list.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 9th, 2021), goji (October 9th, 2021), Old git (October 10th, 2021)

Liked

Just passing the time and I found this. Return from London to Bangkok return for £403 on trip.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 9th, 2021), Patanawet (October 9th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

EVA told me yesterday that for the next three months they are only offering two flights to Bangkok a month.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    EVA told me yesterday that for the next three months they are only offering two flights to Bangkok a month.
    I cannot find any EVA flights from LHR on google flights and the EVA site isn't working properly at present.

Thai appear to be increasing LHR-BKK frequency from 2 to 4 times a week next month. Unfortunately a 11:50 am departure from LHR. I'd like the old EVA 21:30 departure, but compromises have to be made in these times.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The EVA site was- very unusually- not responsive and so I phoned. And this is what I was told.

You are right about Thai. Good prices too. Shame about the times....it is unpleasant arriving in BKK early in the morning. The day is almost lost due to the after effects of the flight.

I also contacted our hotel, the Agate in Jomtien. I knew it was closed but I was pleased to hear that they are keeping-up maintenance work . This should allow a speedy opening.

Perhaps I'm being over-optimistic but I've been give a much- needed boost in morale.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 9th, 2021), goji (October 10th, 2021)

Liked

From up here in the land of coal mines and cotton mills, we never have direct flights so I'm used to looking at the various options. While aware of Finnair via Helsinki, it doesn't suit for various reasons. Flights seem readily available at reasonable prices via AMS CDG and FRA. Flying from Manchester the prices are very good. Sadly the best option for me.... MAN - HKG - CNX is no longer available, but I'm flying next week via CDG.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 10th, 2021), Jellybean (October 10th, 2021), Oliver2 (October 10th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I've used EVA a few times - direct from UK, competitive and a competent airline.

12. User who gave Like to post:

goji (October 10th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    I've used EVA a few times - direct from UK, competitive and a competent airline.
    So far, I've used EVA for every single direct flight from LHR to BKK.
    The only time I've gone to Thailand via another airline was when EVA flights were not available -via Singapore when the yellow shirts closed Suvarnabhumi and via Zurich in 2020, when EVA were not operating on suitable dates.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

And for those looking to take advantage of the Phuket Sandbox there are the new direct Thai Airways flights from London to Phuket, although I suspect, given the success of the Sandbox, they will also be flying there now from other airports.

Phuket is now getting busy for the Christmas period. I know about 15 people(thai and farangs) who are travelling there in the first instance via these Thai Airways flights. They are not put off by the COE which appears more onerous at first glance than it is. Some of the better value hotels are starting to have limitations on their availability in the peak period and the cost of flights is going up.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by billyhouston View Post
    I'm flying next week via CDG.
    How was the flight ? Paying attention, I know you got there, so (i) The roof of CDG airport did not collapse again and (ii) Air France did not crash yet another plane (if it was Air France).

Air France are one of the few with a sensible Premium Economy option, except the transit time on the outboard flight LHR-CDG-BKK is unacceptable. Although, knowing Air France, they would probably crash the plane between LHR and CDG, so it could be irrelevant.

Also, if booking for less than 3 months, KLM-Air France seem to impose a 3 month maximum trip limit on some fares, so extending the stay at a later date looks problematic.