Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thailand to Charge 500 Baht Tourist Entry Fee

Liked

Re: Thailand to Charge 500 Baht Tourist Entry Fee

I dont think people will object to paying it,its just the feeling of being ripped off.Last time they did this it was collected on departure.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by London68 View Post
    I dont think people will object to paying it,its just the feeling of being ripped off.Last time they did this it was collected on departure.
    It still is....it is hidden in the ticket price.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (December 19th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by London68 View Post

Exactly, it simply doesn't make sense. They are dumping tons of money into the tourism sectory with hopes of reviving it, yet they decide iti's a good idea to charge people 500 baht to enter the country.

Just doesn't make sense.

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 17th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    I wonder then why you think screening and testing is a scam to extract money. Many countries do this when relaxing their border controls.
    Covid is everywhere and will get everyone. There is no point in travel restrictions and testing international travelers. Thailand probably has ten thousands undetected Covid carriers in their population, a few additional wouldn't make a change. Testing tourists is a waste of time and money, and they make them pay for it!

Re the entry/departure fee. Included in ticket price when leaving by air, but not charged when leaving by land. I left Thailand by land, and I arrived by land, several times (actually, I have left to and entered from all neighbor countries by land) and never had to pay an entry or a departure fee.

Liked

So If all I have are 1000B notes, does that mean my fee is 1000B?

Is this real or included in the ticket. there was no mention on the Visa on Entry webpage that I saw.

Liked

I don't think that a 500 or 1000 Baht surcharge would be objected to if the government collected the hundreds of thousands of 1000s and put to a Covid insurance scheme negating the need for tourists to buy special insurance to come here.

Oh, I immediately see the drawback --- you'd need to trust the Thai government to honestly administer the scheme.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This 700 THB is simply the AIRPORTTax-what about any, any INTernational airport in this world charges. It is not even very high-I would say average. A very long time ago-the years I first visited TH=around 1980/85 it was 500 THB and collected in cash at airport. As Indonesia did for many years-even well after 2000, when about any other country had gone to add-on on airline tix. In The UK it is based on destination=the further you go, the higher it gets.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by maump View Post
    So If all I have are 1000B notes, does that mean my fee is 1000B?

Is this real or included in the ticket. there was no mention on the Visa on Entry webpage that I saw.
    I expect it will be included in the ticket price and paid over by the airline in the same way as the current departure charge is. Alternatively, maump, you could make a complete fool of yourself at checkin by refusing to take the 500 baht note in change that you wiould be given

Liked

I don't care about this piddly little airport tax...do AWAY with the Covid Insurance,,,OR really the SHA mandatory hotel stay....and the Thailand Pass crap..

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    I don't care about this piddly little airport tax...do AWAY with the Covid Insurance,,,OR really the SHA mandatory hotel stay....and the Thailand Pass crap..
    The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness - the opening tenor piece in Handel’s Messiah

13. User who gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (December 20th, 2021)