Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Health Insurance to enter Thailand

Liked

Re: Health Insurance to enter Thailand

Let's move away from the idea that any old winter sun is a replacement for Thailand. It isn't, and proof is provided here daily by our obsession on getting there.

One month in a normally operating Thailand or two in another country. Which would you pick? I'd take the Thailand option every single time.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (October 5th, 2021), Dodger (October 5th, 2021), gerefan2 (October 5th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Let's move away from the idea that any old winter sun is a replacement for Thailand. It isn't, and proof is provided here daily by our obsession on getting there.

One month in a normally operating Thailand or two in another country. Which would you pick? I'd take the Thailand option every single time.
    Yes - but you are not everyone. I'd hazard that the majority of tourists are not people who return to the same place every year, so if the LoS is even remotely obstructive, they'll go somewhere else.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    By the way, NO other country that I know of requires any insurance at all to enter....
    Considering other countries, well the best alternatives I've been to are Cambodia, Myanmar and The Philippines, but Thailand beats them. Laos is very quiet, possibly as most of the working Laos guys go to Thailand.

Then Bluseskytoday refers to only Thailand needing insurance.
    Well, the last time I looked, all the alternative ASEAN countries were not allowing tourists in at all. So it's a comparison between needing insurance and not being allowed in.
    Then even if you manage to blag a business visa for Cambodia, there is now some kind of covid insurance requirement, or at least a threat of it.

If you gave me the option of 1 month in Thailand, or 2 months in a single other country, I'd probably take the 2 months in The Philippines or Cambodia first. The food in Myanmar is too poor to consider a longer stay, but the boys would attract me back for a shorter visit, at least before the junta resumed control.

I have yet to explore Bali, as back when I was working, I didn't want utilize my limited holiday allowance going there during the rainy season. The plan was to try a summer trip there in 2020, but covid intervened.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    Practically, only the die hard semi ex-pats will contemplate jumping through any hoops at all - regular tourists looking for winter sun will go wherever full normality has been restored.
    Not in my case. Jumped the hoops last year and will do again next month.
    I know there are others too.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Not in my case. Jumped the hoops last year and will do again next month.
    I know there are others too.
    Would you still come if the entertainment venues were still closed with only 2 serving food and no alcohol till 9PM?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Would you still come if the entertainment venues were still closed with only 2 serving food and no alcohol till 9PM?

I'll compare all the options and choose the best. I welcome the suggestion of sensible alternatives.

Southern Europe will not be warm enough & lacks cute available boys. Easy paperwork. I might go there for a week, but not the whole winter.

Latin America has too much mugging risk for my liking and the boys on the phone apps do not appeal. I shall probably go there one day, but it will be a 2~3 2week sampler to start with, not a 3 month winter break.

Most other SE Asian countries are completely closed.

So we have Thailand. Even if the bars close at 9:00 pm and we have to pretend the drinks are non-alcoholic, everything else seems to compare well with the limited list of alternatives. Besides, Thailand seems to be on a cycle of relaxing restrictions & whilst nothing is certain, I guess there might be fewer restrictions by January than now.

I'm also not reading reports of any expats on this board leaving Thailand. So they must have also concluded it's the best option, right ?

I expect to be in Thailand in about 2 months time.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I have always said that one of the conditions of my coming to Thailand is that bars are open.

Some of the boys I speak to have already confirmed (quietly) that this process has already started.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I have always said that one of the conditions of my coming to Thailand is that bars are open.

Some of the boys I speak to have already confirmed (quietly) that this process has already started.
    On a positive note daily infections continue to drop and the country has in a short time become awash with vaccines.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 6th, 2021), daydreamer (October 7th, 2021)

Liked

At perhaps 31% of the population vaccinated, I think "awash" is rather wishful thinking.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthrieston View Post
    At perhaps 31% of the population vaccinated, I think "awash" is rather wishful thinking.
    More data: https://graphics.reuters.com/world-c...ries/thailand/