Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Insurance to enter Thailand

Liked

Health Insurance to enter Thailand

Can one obtain the USD$100,000 health insurance REQUIRED in order to enter Thailand, at the TH airport before passport control?? Very difficult to obtain such a policy for me from the USA...I am curious..Thanks...By the way, NO other country that I know of requires any insurance at all to enter....

2. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (October 5th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Health Insurance to enter Thailand

This company sells this coverage: https://www.aainsure.net/index.html
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    Can one obtain the USD$100,000 health insurance REQUIRED in order to enter Thailand, at the TH airport before passport control?? Very difficult to obtain such a policy for me from the USA...I am curious..Thanks...By the way, NO other country that I know of requires any insurance at all to enter....
    With the covid rules, some airlines check documents before you board.

Last time I looked, you need a COE to enter Thailand and that is one of the documents they check.

To get the COE, you need the covid insurance.

Therefore, without the insurance, there is a very good chance you cannot even board the plane to Thailand, never mind get through Thai immigration.

AXA Thailand sell the insurance online. Very efficient.

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 5th, 2021)

Liked

My normal travel insurance covers me for much more than is required so I can't see any point in buying more .

Liked

Well I see the insurance purchase is easy...but I will not travel there until they cease requirement for the COE...I am not going thru all this crap..
    Will just wait until not required...THANKS for the info...

Liked

Well I see the insurance purchase is easy...but I will not travel there until they cease requirement for the COE...I am not going thru all this crap..
    Will just wait until not required...THANKS for the info...
    I don't think the Thai government has any real understanding of the tourist sector. For years they've pretended it didn't matter. Now (I think..) they realise it does, but I don't think they've yet clocked that to get tourists back they now need to throw out the red carpet and make a real effort to show that it's business as usual again.

They may well have deluded themselves that the drop in ASQ from 14 to 7 days is all that is needed to get volume tourism back, but I predict that the impact on airfare bookings will be minimal.

I doubt they'll realise the extent of what is needed to restore tourism in time for Nov 1st, but I suspect that come November, a lot of Caribbean nations will be spending heavily to get tourists back, and that that will not go unnoticed in the LoS..

9. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (October 5th, 2021), Dodger (October 5th, 2021), goji (October 5th, 2021), splinter1949 (October 6th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Are you completely senile?!

You posted these exact same comments/question on:

18th November
    23rd November
    2nd December
    5th December
    10th March
    12th March
    22nd March
    25th March
    13th May
    17th June
    30th June
    26th July
    And again now.

Multiple people have answered your question, as others have again here. How long before you ask the question again! Do you never read the answers that people provide you with? It has also been pointed out both that the cost of a policy is miniscule compared to the cost of your ticket, and that Thailand is far from the only country that requires this. You were even provided with a list of other countries that required similar policies. Yet still you moan on about it...............

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

JayToff (October 9th, 2021), Moggy (October 5th, 2021)

Liked

Well I see the insurance purchase is easy...but I will not travel there until they cease requirement for the COE...I am not going thru all this crap...
    My position is similar. The conditions of Phuket Sandbox are acceptable for me, but I loathe the COE and will wait for the next round of easing of entry requirements, which hopefully abolish the COE. Another point is awful flight connections from Phnom Penh (where I am now) to Thailand, 300 USD and > 5 h including change of airplane in Singapore.

Liked

Practically, the COE isn't a big problem. Last year, I applied online and got it less than half a day.

The bigger problem was all the other requirements -quarantine (at the time), covid scam insurance & PCR testing before travel.

So if they abolished the COE and kept everything else, it wouldn't make much difference for me.
    If they abolished all the other restrictions, that would be improvement.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Practically, the COE isn't a big problem. Last year, I applied online and got it less than half a day.

The bigger problem was all the other requirements -quarantine (at the time), covid scam insurance & PCR testing before travel.

So if they abolished the COE and kept everything else, it wouldn't make much difference for me.
    If they abolished all the other restrictions, that would be improvement.
    Practically, only the die hard semi ex-pats will contemplate jumping through any hoops at all - regular tourists looking for winter sun will go wherever full normality has been restored.