Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Music..Drink..Astra

Liked

Re: Music..Drink..Astra

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Went to Bang Sue station..
    Would the Land of Smiles be quite the same, without the suggestive place names?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Not to put a dampener on that for you but if it's important to you to keep well health wise do just remember that even when fully double jabbed you can still catch Covid
    In the UK Covid is rattling through the vaccinated population. There's not a lot of evidence that any of the vaccines get in the way of Delta to any great extent, but they do greatly diminish the impact on the individual.

One good friend is currently enduring a slow recovery from Covid, unusual as everyone else I know who's had it recently has been knocked sideways for a couple of days and then quickly recovered.

Lo and behold, despite being type 1 diabetic and age 53, he's not been vaccinated, as his wife it turns out, is a passionate anti-vaxxer - for anything..

So he's suffering the full Monty..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    In the UK Covid is rattling through the vaccinated population. There's not a lot of evidence that any of the vaccines get in the way of Delt.
    Careful now, you might end up being accused being "dangerous" by passing on totally accurate information like that it seems ! And yes it was surprising at first that covid as you said seemed to be rattling around even more than previously this last while and more people I know were catching it, but I guessing once you factor in places and venues reopening again and other measures such s mask wearing etc being reduced that's only to be expected. Which was of course the whole point of my original post in saying we should be aware of that still and weigh up the risks and time off work required etc should we pick it up and balance that risk when choosing where to go, what to do and who we mix with etc.

One good friend is currently enduring a slow recovery from Covid, unusual as everyone else I know who's had it recently has been knocked sideways for a couple of days and then quickly recovered..
    Yep most of my friends / workmates seemed to get hit for the first 3 / 5 days at the start and then eased from there, but that seemed to vary quite a lot, some from the next week they were getting close to fine again and the others it took up to a full 3 weeks before they started to feel totally clear of it. The weird thing was it was the exact reverse of the people I expected drama queen wise who reported feeling sick longer etc which lead me to believe they were telling the truth about how crap they were feeling, plus I could hear it in their voice. Also a few of those people are people who wouldn't stay home at the weekends instead of going to the pub etc even if their house was on fire but stay home they DID and for the 3 whole weekends weeks and that NEVER happens and equally even when home they didn't have as much as a glass of wine over that period so I knew then that they just have felt bad as that is never their norm !

Lo and behold, despite being type 1 diabetic and age 53, he's not been vaccinated, as his wife it turns out, is a passionate anti-vaxxer - for anything.. So he's suffering the full Monty..
    I just can't understand someone's logic in that position, especially when them not vaccinated "as their wife or partner is very against it etc". I think I'd be saying "ok thats up to you love, but I"M getting it NOW rather than risking dying NOW and I'll take my chances re growing that third arm ( or whatever it is they seem worried about happening) later perhaps!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Careful now, you might end up being accused being "dangerous" by passing on totally accurate information like that it seems !
    I know quite a few people who have had it over the past three months, and with one exception, all were vaccinated. There's plenty more who haven't had any symptoms or didn't bother to test.

I felt utterly exhausted for a couple of days nearly a month ago now - was that my turn? I was just too knackered to do anything, including getting a test, so I don't know..

Liked

I felt utterly exhausted for a couple of days nearly a month ago now - was that my turn? I was just too knackered to do anything, including getting a test, so I don't know..
    If I want a covid test, I just lean over and get one off the shelf. They come in packs of 7 & can be ordered FOC from the UK government.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (October 5th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    If I want a covid test, I just lean over and get one off the shelf. They come in packs of 7 & can be ordered FOC from the UK government.
    I know - I had a pack downstairs at the time - but was so lacking in energy I didn't get to use it..