Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Music..Drink..Astra

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Music..Drink..Astra

I'm not an epidemiologist, and don't even know what's inside an aspirin, but what matt had to say was pretty consistent with what I've been reading during this information overload on mixing vaccines.

Last week, a UK study called Com-COV, which analyzed combinations of the same two vaccines, found that people in the mix-and-match groups experienced higher rates of common vaccine-related side effects, such as fever, than did people who received two doses of the same vaccine.

The WHO also warns against people mixing and matching (see link below) which is good enough for me. It's just too easy to do things the right way without trying to outsmart the experts. It's not like we're ordering drinks at a bar:

Farang: "Hey bartender, I'll have two shots of Pfizer with a Moderna chaser"
    Bartender: "Sorry we're out of Moderna, but we have a two for the price of one special on Sinovac.
    Farang: Fuck Sinovac - I'm driving tonight.
    Bartender: OK, then how about a Sputnic chaser and we'll toss in a free bag of pretzels.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...es-2021-07-12/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Last week, a UK study called Com-COV, which analyzed combinations of the same two vaccines, found that people in the mix-and-match groups experienced higher rates of common vaccine-related side effects, such as fever, than did people who received two doses of the same vaccine.
    The studies also show vaccine mixing improves efficacy against the virus. So I would very happily mix vaccines, when the most likely downside might be a very mild & short duration fever, as the body produces an immune response against a new vaccine.

That might be why many countries in Europe and Asia ARE mixing vaccines.

As for the WHO advice, well the WHO were the people who recommended no restrictions at all on travel out of China in January and February 2020. They also took months to get around to recommending wearing masks.
    They were badly wrong on both counts. Tedros ought to be fired.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

The studies also show vaccine mixing improves efficacy against the virus. So I would very happily mix vaccines, when the most likely downside might be a very mild & short duration fever, as the body produces an immune response against a new vaccine.
    You may very well be right, so mixing vaccines sounds like the way to go for you.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    You may very well be right, so mixing vaccines sounds like the way to go for you.
    By a quick estimate, comfortably over 2/3rds of the booster doses to be delivered in the UK will be of a different vaccine to the first dose.
    So it's the way to go for a lot of Brits over 50.

Liked

I had two jabs of Pfizer, as did most of my friends, in Hertfordshire. We have all been told by our GPs, that the booster will also be Pfizer.