Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Music..Drink..Astra

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Music..Drink..Astra

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    nirish...what u describe sounds like the flu....stop acting like a super model with a broken finger nail...
    OK you're obviously trolling now as i clearly said that my workmates etc were FLOORED, I can say that out of the 10 or so perhaps 1 maybe 2 might do the drama queen thing, the rest are more the hard core "oh well I'll just knuckle down and work through it types" if they come down with something - the point was they COULDNT and all HAD to take time off ranging from one to two weeks of work solid to recover, with nearly all then still saying they were rightly 100% for a further 3 to 4 weeks after that then still, with nausea and a high temperature banging headaches all recurring themes from each of them - and several actually commented that it was WAY worse than any flu they've ever experienced.

But hey think what you want re that. Actually perhaps you should pop along to one of those Covid spreading parties that Matt had mentioned as the world could do with a little more thinning out of the crowd who thinks as you do a little bit more in my opinion.

Do be sure though to come back and let us know how YOUR "flu" went for you wont you.....

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (October 3rd, 2021), Patanawet (October 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Last week, a UK study called Com-COV, which analyzed combinations of the same two vaccines, found that people in the mix-and-match groups experienced higher rates of common vaccine-related side effects, such as fever, than did people who received two doses of the same vaccine.
    The studies also show vaccine mixing improves efficacy against the virus. So I would very happily mix vaccines, when the most likely downside might be a very mild & short duration fever, as the body produces an immune response against a new vaccine.

That might be why many countries in Europe and Asia ARE mixing vaccines.

As for the WHO advice, well the WHO were the people who recommended no restrictions at all on travel out of China in January and February 2020. They also took months to get around to recommending wearing masks.
    They were badly wrong on both counts. Tedros ought to be fired.

Liked

[QUOTE=Moses;282936]Matt, who told to you this fairytale?

Both doses of Moderna, both doses of Pfizer, both doses of Astra and so on are chemically identical. The only existing vaccine against Covid with different components is Sputnik - one component is based on adenovirus type 26 and another is based on type 5.[/quote[

What the hell are you on about now? Here, it's simple:

Pfizer and Modurna = mRNA
    Astro Zenica and Johnson & Johnson = Inactivated virus (ie. traditional vaccine ala measles, et al).
    Sputnik = Vector based

Those are three totally different types of vaccines that work in three totally different ways. From the data that has came out, apparently the two mRNA vaccines and Sputnik offer the best protection, while the inactivated virus vaccines are lagging behind although better than nothing. Maybe I'm wrong and as I said he'd need to consult a doctor, but I can't possibly see how mixing Astro Zenica with Modrnua is going to help as the two vaccines work in totally different ways, and there's a very legitimate reason as to why the mRNA vaccines require two jabs.

They are totally different types of vaccines, so by no means are they chemically the same.

Nonetheless, you're an arrogant knucklehead, so not getting into an internet fight with you.

Liked

Hello Latin...do you reckon there's another drama Queen in our midst?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

The studies also show vaccine mixing improves efficacy against the virus. So I would very happily mix vaccines, when the most likely downside might be a very mild & short duration fever, as the body produces an immune response against a new vaccine.
    You may very well be right, so mixing vaccines sounds like the way to go for you.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

dinagam...yes...and a dangerous one...insinuiating that the vaccine is practically worthless...referring to so called friends...like he has fany friends let alone 10...lol...that was the give way...10 friends...yeah right...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    You may very well be right, so mixing vaccines sounds like the way to go for you.
    By a quick estimate, comfortably over 2/3rds of the booster doses to be delivered in the UK will be of a different vaccine to the first dose.
    So it's the way to go for a lot of Brits over 50.

Liked

I think we can all confidently say that nobody knows what the fuck is going on, not even the health ministers of our respective countries.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    dinagam...yes...and a dangerous one...insinuiating that the vaccine is practically worthless...referring to so called friends...like he has fany friends let alone 10...lol...that was the give way...10 friends...yeah right...
    A) Sounds more like you’re the dangerous one here not me on this subject if you think reminding someone that even when vaccinated we can all still pick up Covid and so it makes good sense to remain aware of our actions and the situations we place ourselves in - tyats hardly a “dangerous” statement now is it.
    B) Also Im sure you read where I TWICE said how the vaccine had WORKED well and as intended or did you miss that part ?
    C) I actually said friends and workmates ( there’s your speed reading failing you again
    D) Re friends in general maybe not a good idea to judge others by your own usually low standards there perhaps eh.

But hey if others want to follow your sage advice that’s totally up to them. I just know after hearing the experiences of my friends and workmates succumbing to Covid and them feeling like crap while getting over in the weeks that followed I’ll certainly not be blatantly rushing to put myself in the way of catching it if I can avoid it “just because I’m already vaccinated” as that would be foolish don’t you think?

But as I said you should feel free to knock yourself out in that regard and do please let us all know just how that works out for you, I look forward to reading all about your “flu” symptoms.

Liked

I had two jabs of Pfizer, as did most of my friends, in Hertfordshire. We have all been told by our GPs, that the booster will also be Pfizer.