Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Music..Drink..Astra

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Music..Drink..Astra

Went to Bang Sue station with 2 friends today for our second dose of Astra Zeneca, of a couple of thousand people we were the only foreigners. The organization of the whole process was very well orchestrated including a live band as well as a few types of juice, and bottled water, there was no shortage of help on hand and you had your choice of Astra or Pfizer; 45 minutes later we were headed home with a certificate of full vaccination in hand.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 2nd, 2021), dab69 (October 2nd, 2021), dinagam (October 1st, 2021), francois (October 1st, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 2nd, 2021), splinter1949 (October 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Re: Music..Drink..Astra

Did you receive Pfizer or Astra Zeneca?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Did you receive Pfizer or Astra Zeneca?
    Being that my first dose was AstraZeneca I followed with the recommended 2nd dose of Astra I also ordered through a local hospital 1 dose of Moderna as a booster sometime in December.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

5. 5 Users gave Like to post:

francois (October 1st, 2021), goji (October 1st, 2021), poshglasgow (October 2nd, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 2nd, 2021), splinter1949 (October 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Being that my first dose was AstraZeneca I followed with the recommended 2nd dose of Astra I also ordered through a local hospital 1 dose of Moderna as a booster sometime in December.
    I presume the latter is private ? Do they require proof of residency to book this ?

In the UK, the booster doses will be either Pfizer or half a dose of Moderna, given a minimum of 6 months after the second dose. By the time I'm entitled to my UK booster, I could be in Thailand.

It the Thai hospitals offer mRNA vaccines to anyone for a reasonable price, it solves that problem.

Liked

I have to wait until 30th October for my second dose of AstraZeneca at MedPark Hospital in Bangkok, then two weeks more to build immunity and then I shall finally be set free again and able to meet friends for the first time since early April. The bars might even be open again by then with any luck. I think I shall wait six months after that to get my booster shot of Moderna.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 2nd, 2021), Dodger (October 3rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthrieston View Post
    I have to wait until 30th October .....and then I shall finally be set free again ......
    Not to put a dampener on that for you but if it's important to you to keep well health wise do just remember that even when fully double jabbed you can still catch Covid and suffer quite debilitating symptoms for quite a few weeks.

I personally know over 10 friends who all found themselves in that position and each one reported feeling awful for the 2 or 3 week period after catching it. The plus point (and reason for getting vaccinated in the first place of course) was that thankfully none of them needed intubated in hospital and none died, so ultimately the vaccine worked - but do perhaps be aware of that risk of still catching it when travelling back out in the world again and still take as many sensible precautions re reducing close physical contact and the wearing of a mask etc as you can perhaps to limit the chance of that happening.

I should add that most of my friends who picked that up DIDNT do that last part and decided to go to busy concerts and packed gigs etc and it really showed how silly that perhaps was when there was still a lot of Covid floating about out there.

10. 4 Users gave Like to post:

AdamKY (October 3rd, 2021), catawampuscat (October 3rd, 2021), Dodger (October 3rd, 2021), francois (October 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Not to put a dampener on that for you but if it's important to you to keep well health wise do just remember that even when fully double jabbed you can still catch Covid and suffer quite debilitating symptoms for quite a few weeks.

I personally know over 10 friends who all found themselves in that position and each one reported feeling awful for the 2 or 3 week period after catching it. The plus point (and reason for getting vaccinated in the first place of course) was that thankfully none of them needed intubated in hospital and none died, so ultimately the vaccine worked
    If you don't mind me asking, which vaccine & where are they on the risk scale, considering age, mass, health etc ?

Out of the couple who I know who had covid after the vaccine, well one didn't know he had it except for the test. Another couple were very mildly ill.

I'm slightly miffed at not being in line to get my mRNA booster until mid-Dec, when I would already hope to be in Thailand.
    I'd prefer to have that before going or soon after arrival, then party hard.

This won't stop me having a holiday, but I shall need to consider tactics to get a booster.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Nirish...that is no way to live...Im vaccinated and where possible live life as I did pre covid...btw...covid doesnt worry me...im over it...look at the statistics...stop peddling anti vaxxer scare tales..

Liked

What's the certificates like in Thailand? Are they valid for international travel? Are they recognized by immigration of other governments, or are they for use within Thailand only?

The certificates Canada is giving out are a complete joke so far. Well, there is no federal Covid certificate yet, but the health minister assures us that Trudeau is working "expeditiously" on it, so that means it'll probably be out summer of 2022 or something, who knows.

So instead each province went and made their own Covid vaccine passports, and it's just an unfathomable joke. It's literally just a piece of paper that you print off on your computer at home, it has your name, the word "vaccinated" and a QR code. Then apparently you just carry this piece of paper around with you, and that's all you need.

I've dug into the QR code, and it's a hoke. Literally all of your information is embedded directly into the QR code itself. Then there are a couple callback URLs within the QR code so whatever mobile app staff are using to scan these things can authenticate the information. However, one of the callback URLs goes to an "under construction" page and the other one throws a server not found error.

Also whoever developed that thing decided to try and be cute and clever by using non-standard encoding for.. who the hells knows why. Definitely not for security because the encoding library is open source and available for free on the internet. Takes all of about 5 minutes to bypass that.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=latintopxxx;282914]Nirish...that is no way to live...Im vaccinated and where possible live life as I did pre covid...btw...covid doesnt worry me...im over it...look at the statistics...stop peddling anti vaxxer scare tales..[/QUOTE

Go fuck - i'm peddling nothing - I'm telling you EXACTLY my ( and my friends) personal experiences - Im not even getting into it with people who go on about "ohhh this is anti vaxer scare stories" as if I've something to gain from doing that, trust me I am the most liberal "fuck it just do it person ever" but Covid HAS been a totally bollox for me in many ways and as much I'd love us all just to be able to ignore it as if it isn't / wasn't there, like it or not that's not the reality of where things are in the world right now.

Goji in answer to your question I dont know the exact answer per person but in general everyone here where I live has either been given Phizer or Astra Z vaccine but mostly all the Phizer I think. But I would stress again that the vaccines WORKED, they saved each person from getting worse than they could have been, helped them to avoid hospital and allowed each to recover at home.

My original point of this post was merely to point out that even when vaccinated you CAN still pick up Covid and it may well be unpleasant and more for a few weeks and so it's common sense just to be aware of that and 'for now" perhaps just forget all good precautions you would take if you think you're in a high risk area / City etc, where perhaps masses of unjabbed / untested people are all congregating in tight spaces etc - that's just common sense to me.

When double jabbed the risks may be less the preference of you NOT getting it and so it NOT kicking the shit out of you for the 2 or 3 weeks each of my friends said it did would I'm guessing still be the preferable to most people, especially if older as many members here may be I would imagine, if thats not your personal view then thats fine, but it doesn't lessen the sense of my comments - and they're most certainly not "anti vax scare stories" ffs.

So THAT is and was my point, I'm not saying "ohhhhh stay home for ever and never mix again, I'm merely pointing out being double jabbed isn't the licence for life to return to full on normal as many of us might have hoped as we'd never pick up Covid again after that as THAT is not the case - as my staff members and friends who still caught it after their jabs will unhappily attest too.

15. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 3rd, 2021), arsenal (October 3rd, 2021), catawampuscat (October 3rd, 2021), dab69 (October 3rd, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 3rd, 2021)