Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hopes For Pattaya High Season Sinking

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Hopes For Pattaya High Season Sinking

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post

What about customers? Do you know if the boys are allowed to sit with customers, either inside or on chairs outside of the bars and at least have soft drinks?.
    I'm really not sure.

There were mostly boys sitting around talking to each other at the bars that were open. The only place I saw farang was in Home Bar. There were two farang customers when I drove past, and one was sitting with a boy. I have no idea what they were drinking.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    "Or beer out of a coffee mug."

I'm a bit of an obsessive Christianesque dandy when it comes to beverages and believe they should be served in the correct vessels. Champagne in a flute or a saucer, brandy in a balloon and beer in a beer glass or a tankard. Anything else is just common.
    If I was stuck in Pattaya, with all the bars closed since April, I would drink my beer straight out of the barrel if need be.

Sod the formalities....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Either reopen the bars and other nightly entertainment venues and put the prostitutes back to work, or kiss Pattaya goodbye.

The Indians come to Pattaya to smoke their shisha's and fuck girls with fat asses, and the Russians come to get drunk and party in the bars all night. With the ban on Shisha's and bars being closed the odds of them buying into any of these bullshit schemes are slim to none IMO.

They should just quit embarrassing themselves and tell the world that they plan to have a REAL REOPENING, (bars open, no quarantines, no alcohol bans, and girls popping pingpong balls out of their carefully manicured pussy's) in early 2022, after a healthy percentage of the population has been vaccinated.

No more scams, no more ridiculous/go-nowhere proposals, no more playing around with the tourists as if they're lab rats in a cage. Just lay the cards on the table and make pretend they actually care about the tourist's for a change - versus concentrating solely on how much $$money$$ they want in their pockets.

IMO: This is the only way that any sizable numbers of tourists are going to return to Pattaya - and if they keep dicking around with this, making complete fools of themselves in the process, tourists are just going to start finding alternative holiday destinations. Many already have.
    Excellent post. I agree.

Liked

Champagne in a flute. Anything else is just common.
    Really Arsenal, I thought better of you; champagne in a saucer is really common and reminiscent of Babycham.

Liked

I'm a bit of an obsessive Christianesque dandy when it comes to beverages and believe they should be served in the correct vessels. Champagne in a flute or a saucer, brandy in a balloon and beer in a beer glass or a tankard. Anything else is just common.
    I tend to agree, however back in the winter of 2020-21, the options were as in the table below.
    [Simplified slightly & refers to ACTUAL status, rather than what was decreed & yes, shops were closed for about a week]

So given these options, I'd drink my beer out of a mug.
    Not like I'm consuming champagne Aussie style https://images.app.goo.gl/Zds8Gw5JY7b5Wsh2A
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 2nd, 2021)

Liked

Somewhat off topic.
    But my friends from Germany just had a wonder Gay holiday in Spain.
    Forget about Thailand...

Liked

"Really Arsenal, I thought better of you; champagne in a saucer is really common and reminiscent of Babycham."

I disagree. While a flute is designed to keep the bubbles longer I think a saucer is reminiscent of the golden yeats of Hollywood glamour.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 2nd, 2021), Jellybean (October 2nd, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 2nd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A moment of optimism- I checked Delta.com for a plane ticket from middle USA to BKK for Christmas- $6500!
    Don't even know if a ticket was/will be really available.

Usually pay $1500 although my last ticket in March 2019 (canceled - covid) was $2000.
    Guess that's why I always traveled in February/March.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 2nd, 2021), Dodger (October 2nd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dab69 View Post
    A moment of optimism- I checked Delta.com for a plane ticket from middle USA to BKK for Christmas- $6500!
    Would you really be willing to pay that much? Especially considering what you would be going to? If you think the bars will in full swing by then, filled with boys by then, or even be given permission to reopen and serve alcohol by then - you're dreaming.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And it was my usual cattle class.

Most I have ever paid was ~$2000. Usually ~$1500.
    That's why I have never spent Christmas there...