Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
DISREGARD. ....I REPEAT DISREGARD.

Those robbing bastards have been selling tickets to Thailand ever since this started and haven’t operated a flight there for 18 MONTHS.

They then try and keep your money and offer you vouchers etc.
This is misleading. BA announced towards the end of last year that they were suspending ALL flights to 15 destinations, including Bangkok. This was widely reported so it's not news now that they haven't been flying to Bangkok! They also stated then that they would consider resuming flights in November.

Looking at their website they are not making direct flights to Bangkok available to book until early December. Prior to that they offer only indirect flights that are usually on Qatar, via Doha, and clearly labelled as such.

Although BA are no angels my recent experience is that although they cancelled a European flight that I was booked on during the summer(more than a month in advance), I was refunded in full within 30 days even though I had booked with a voucher that they had given me when I had to cancel a fixed date flight previously!

BA wouldn't be my first choice on long haul flights, but I was advising of the possibility of direct flights, London to Bangkok, come December.

In any case there are already direct flights London to Bangkok running currently, actually there is a Thai Airways LHR-BKK flight over India as I write this! Information provided by FlightRadar 24. Thai Airways have also added a weekly direct flight between London and Phuket. So there are already direct flights for those who want them, and it sounds likely that Thailand will be removed from the UK's "Red List" on Thursday.