Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
Get a boy you trust to scout the telephone polls around the neighborhoods you want to live in, looking for "house for rent" signs.
That might work. It can't hurt to try, but be careful about how the boy is going to earn his money. I don't know where gerefan is going to find a boy he can trust or even if the boy will be available for that. You don't want a boy who is going to tell you he spent the whole day looking, but came up with nothing - or if he's clever, one or two - but he really spent the day sound asleep in his room. You have no way of knowing how much time, if at all, he actually spent looking, but you would still have to pay him. It's not that I wouldn't trust him, it's just that I wouldn't trust him . . .

Another problem about hiring a boy to do the looking: Many of the places where the boy should look are in security guarded neighborhoods. The security guard at the entrance gate would have to believe the boy's explanation as to why he wants to go in. Even if the guard believes him, it is likely his orders are not to let people enter without contact between the guard and the homeowner. The boy might be reluctant to even ask a security guard. With luck, the guard would know of any houses within the neighborhood that are for rent.

Since gerefan has made it clear he wants to be near the Jomtien Complex area, he might be better off hiring a motorbike taxi to take him around the area and do his own looking.

I don't see "For Rent" signs on houses very often. I do see them, but as I said, not often. It is actually much more common in Pattaya to see "For Sale" signs on houses rather than "For Rent" signs.

Another possibility, several shopping centers and grocery stores have public bulletin boards. There is a good chance of several house for rent ads on those, but gerefan would need to be flexible about where the house is located. Again, it can't hurt to look. Maybe he'll get lucky.