Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: House rental

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: House rental

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, and not sure if this is even true in places like Pattaya so am only speaking of up in Khon Kaen, but...

Being there in person to go house shopping makes a MASSIVE difference. At least up in places in Khon Kaen, when the locals have a house for rent, they don't advertise it on the internet.

They post some flyers using cardboard or whatever on varius street signs / corners / shops around the local neighborhood. I'm blind so I can't write in Thai anymore, but they'd simply say "baan chao" (house for rent), plus have a phone number.

Now those places are where you're going to get your best deal by far. A place that would be ~30k/month on the internet magically goes down to say 8k/month when you go local like this. Again, not sure how it works in Pattaya, but it might be best to pay a boy to scout out the various neighborhoods for you looking for local "house for rent" signs. If you go local in this manner, you'll get a far better deal than you'd ever get over the internet.

Too bad most of you geriatrics have me on ignore, because this is actually some solid advice.

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 29th, 2021)