List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vaccinated Travelers Can Come to Thailand With no Quarantine Beginning Nov.1 ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Vaccinated Travelers Can Come to Thailand With no Quarantine Beginning Nov.1 ?

No quarantine, but travellers will still have to go into a Pattaya Sandbox scheme.

Misleading wording at best.

Liked

Re: Vaccinated Travelers Can Come to Thailand With no Quarantine Beginning Nov.1 ?

Exactly.

Visitors can already travel to Thailand with no quarantine, as long as they use the Phuket sandbox.

The change is that some other provinces will be added from 1 November, but the exact sandbox rules for those provinces are not confirmed yet.
    I guess we ought to hear the detail within a couple of weeks.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    Considering how inconsistent everything has been and the way they often suddenly change the rules with little or no advance notice, I wouldn't count on anything until it actually happens.

I realize many want to go back to Thailand, but you might want to wait until everything falls into place and stays that way, along with waiting until the bars reopen.

I also wouldn't be so quick to assume Thailand will reopen in November. We've all heard about reopening dates only to have every one of them postponed. If I were planning a holiday in Thailand, I would not rely on when they say Thailand will reopen. I would wait until Thailand actually does reopen - and is unlikely to shut down yet again.
    please change your record, the whole world knows what you think, everytime we get any hope you "gaybutton" come out with the very same negative comments, maybe you are very happy to be living in Thailand minus the tourists or maybe your just a [Deleted text] ?...on this and your own forum Gaybutton you've made these negative thoughts of yours very clear, please instead of constantly repeating your negativity could you just hold off or actually write something positive on this subject?

Some text in this post has been deleted under rule 2.3.

Jellybean
    Last edited by Jellybean; September 29th, 2021 at 20:10.

Liked

Mentioned this story to a female Thai acquaintance who is usually well-informed.

She thinks too many people are making money out of the current regime, and are fighting to keep at least seven days of quarantine going, arguing that it won't deter mass tourism.

Wrong, I'm sure - let's see who prevails..

5. User who gave Like to post:

francois (September 29th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    Whilst we've had a belly-full of false hopes over the past few months, this story is very encouraging for two reasons:

1) Reuters has a reputation to maintain. It avoids reporting uncertain information without including caveats.

2) The text is framed as Thailand WILL - not Thailand MAY. If their source had said: 'this is what we'll do, provided no-one changes their mind' the word may would have been used instead of will.
    1) Reuters is only a secondary source of information, or third if you include translation, with the announcement by Thai government in Thai language being the source.

2) And then it says "as the country TRIES to boost its immunisation rate..." and elsewhere a 70% immunisation was quoted as a requirement for opening?

For me it gets interesting when reports from people who have entered under the new conditions come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    Mentioned this story to a female Thai acquaintance who is usually well-informed.

She thinks too many people are making money out of the current regime, and are fighting to keep at least seven days of quarantine going, arguing that it won't deter mass tourism.

Wrong, I'm sure - let's see who prevails..
    For entire Thailand, it would be better to have 1 m tourists without quarantine,
    but for those benefiting from quarantine, it would be better to have 100 k tourists with quarantine.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    And then it says "as the country TRIES to boost its immunisation rate..." and elsewhere a 70% immunisation was quoted as a requirement for opening?

For me it gets interesting when reports from people who have entered under the new conditions come in.

For entire Thailand, it would be better to have 1 m tourists without quarantine,
    but for those benefiting from quarantine, it would be better to have 100 k tourists with quarantine.
    Nationally, an average 70% immunisation rate ought to be achieved in December, possibly slightly before.

Then the one benefit of opening up on 1 Nov is that we can observe how that sandbox goes before booking any winter trips to Thailand. So let's hope they keep that date.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (September 30th, 2021)