List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaccinated Travelers Can Come to Thailand With no Quarantine Beginning Nov.1 ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Vaccinated Travelers Can Come to Thailand With no Quarantine Beginning Nov.1 ?

The article leads with this...
    “ People wait in front of a coronavirus disease (COVID-19) mobile vaccination bus set-up to serve the elderly and disabled groups in Bangkok, Thailand, September 8, 2021. REUTERS/Juarawee Kittisilpa”

Look carefully at the pic. Can you see anybody Elderly or Disabled?

Liked

Re: Vaccinated Travelers Can Come to Thailand With no Quarantine Beginning Nov.1 ?

Considering how inconsistent everything has been and the way they often suddenly change the rules with little or no advance notice, I wouldn't count on anything until it actually happens.

I realize many want to go back to Thailand, but you might want to wait until everything falls into place and stays that way, along with waiting until the bars reopen.

I also wouldn't be so quick to assume Thailand will reopen in November. We've all heard about reopening dates only to have every one of them postponed. If I were planning a holiday in Thailand, I would not rely on when they say Thailand will reopen. I would wait until Thailand actually does reopen - and is unlikely to shut down yet again.

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 28th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Unless I'm missing something, nowhere in the article does it mention the fact that at least 70% of the population in each of these provinces has to be vaccinated before tourists are allowed entry without quarantine.

Here we go again with TAT's Smoke & Mirror Machine.

The article mentions the fact that efforts are underway to buy more vaccine from various foreign sources, but goes on to say that the actual dates have not been established yet. If this wasn't such a sad situation it would be laughable.

As far as I'm concerned, any article that involves "reopening" that fails to include mention of the CCSA mandates is just "Fake News".

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It looks like the biggest problem Pattaya is faced with at achieving 70% vaccination, aside from actually getting enough vaccine, is getting Thais who live in Pattaya but are registered in another province vaccinated. I keep asking myself the same question over and over again: Why don't they just disregard this "Place of Registration" nonsense and just vaccinate them anywhere they choose, which would be a win-win-win situation.

Example:

If a Thai who is working in Pattaya and has their registered residence in Surin, were to get their vaccine at the sports stadium in Pattaya for instance, their Vaccination Record would be established and recorded at that stadium - showing the person as being vaccinated in Chonburi Province, with a residence address in Surin Province. This would be so simple to accomplish if they would just think outside of the box.

Pattaya would stand a good chance of hitting the 70% target if they had enough vaccine, and provided this type of flecibility for the Thais living in Pattaya. According to the last video MFAS posted, around 50% of all Thais living in Pattaya fall in this category.

The clocks ticking again.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

This appears to be less of an issue as a friend went with a Cambodian boy as walk-ins at Central Festival both were vaccinated.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    This appears to be less of an issue as a friend went with a Cambodian boy as walk-ins at Central Festival both were vaccinated.
    The Thais who are being turned away must be doing cartwheels...LOL.

10. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 28th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    If I were planning a holiday in Thailand, I would not rely on when they say Thailand will reopen. I would wait until Thailand actually does reopen - and is unlikely to shut down yet again.
    Exactly. Whenever such news come in, I wait three days to see if it was fake news from the start, or a misunderstanding, or there is something in the footnotes that makes it unfeasible. Then I read in detail and make plans.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (September 30th, 2021)

Liked

Whilst we've had a belly-full of false hopes over the past few months, this story is very encouraging for two reasons:

1) Reuters has a reputation to maintain. It avoids reporting uncertain information without including caveats.

2) The text is framed as Thailand WILL - not Thailand MAY. If their source had said: 'this is what we'll do, provided no-one changes their mind' the word may would have been used instead of will.

That said, Thai governments have some form for saying something with certainty and then changing their mind, so beware of buying tickets for Nov 1st - for now.

As for the 70% vaccination figure, I think this should be seen as a placebo to reassure the local population, rather than a vaccine percentage that will actually prevent the bug from spreading. I suspect that if the figures are looking like falling slightly short on Oct 31st, they will be magically enhanced..