Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Curry And Borscht Needed to Reopen Pattaya

Liked

Re: Curry And Borscht Needed to Reopen Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    I can hardly wait to see how this is going to be enforced. It isn't only foreigners who eat in restaurants. Whatever the proof will be, I hope it is written in Thai. Somehow I don't expect the average Thai to be able to read and understand English. And if the fact that a foreigner entered Thailand, given the rules for entering Thailand, then he must have been vaccinated twice. Correct?
    In the UK we get a paper vaccination certificate and a phone app. If vaccination or testing is mandatory for any event, all they need is someone checking documentation before entering premises.

As for foreigners, well clearly those already in Thailand are not necessarily vaccinated twice.

Liked

From a vaccination point of view, there are three types of foreigners: Phuket sandbox (double vaccinated), quarantine (not required to be vaccinated by immigration, but how about airlines? - if all airlines flying to Thailand accept only fully vaccinated passengers, those ASQ foreigners are all fully vaccinated), Foreigners in Thailand since before Covid.

Remotely related to the subject:

FB_IMG_1632405492883[1].jpg

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    From a vaccination point of view, there are three types of foreigners: Phuket sandbox (double vaccinated), quarantine (not required to be vaccinated by immigration, but how about airlines? - if all airlines flying to Thailand accept only fully vaccinated passengers, those ASQ foreigners are all fully vaccinated), Foreigners in Thailand since before Covid.
    Vaccination is a non-issue for most members who have been or will soon be double vaxxed. Obviously we have some potential exceptions.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Gaybutton’s post above describes exactly my situation. And I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Many, like me, are probably looking for alternatives because of all this procrastination.
    Any suggestions as to alternative warm, sunny destinations with the same 'attractions' as Pattaya but without too many of the ambiguities?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Any suggestions as to alternative warm, sunny destinations with the same 'attractions' as Pattaya but without too many of the ambiguities?
    My preferred alternatives would be Cambodia, Myanmar & The Philippines, all of which currently have worse entry restrictions than Thailand, AFAIK. Plus a change of government in Myanmar.
    Out of this group, Cambodia leads the way with vaccinations, but there is no date for opening up, so far. I'm kind of hoping Hun Sen will just open the country up, with no messing about.
    No need to make a decision just yet, but I will have to be looking much more seriously by mid-November. Has anyone found a better option ?
    There are plenty of warm countries, but the offer on Grindr & other phone apps is not so interesting.

Liked

Two friends who used to spend their winter holidays in SEAsia. One is looking at Egypt, another at Greece. Both warm weather and cheap living, but neither are attractive to me boy-wise.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Two friends who used to spend their winter holidays in SEAsia. One is looking at Egypt, another at Greece. Both warm weather and cheap living, but neither are attractive to me boy-wise.
    For me, Egypt is out of the question for a long holiday for various reasons.

As for Greece, the average daily maximum temperature in, for example, Mykonos in January is under 14C, minimum just over 8C. That's not so warm, but better than at home.
    I am tempted to take a short holiday somewhere in southern Europe in Oct/Nov, then go somewhere else in December or worst case, January.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The Nubian guys who work the feluccas on the the Nile are the most attractive I've seen anywhere. And that includes Thailand. I have some stories of my experiences there that I shall not be sharing.... but gogi is correct. Sadly.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    if i had my way any unvaccinated twit would be beaten with a baseball bat in the middle of the street ...taliban style encouragement to get jabbed
    Are you the one who claims to sit on a boy's head then shit on him because you are the 'master' and paying him?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

no thats scotty...im not into scat