Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
The proof of vaccination is with immigration, but it wouldn't come as a surprise if yet another form of proof of vaccination is required to be admitted to restaurants.Can you enter a 7-Eleven or supermarket without proof of vaccination?
I can hardly wait to see how this is going to be enforced. It isn't only foreigners who eat in restaurants. Whatever the proof will be, I hope it is written in Thai. Somehow I don't expect the average Thai to be able to read and understand English. And if the fact that a foreigner entered Thailand, given the rules for entering Thailand, then he must have been vaccinated twice. Correct?

Very good. And if immigration is the way to prove you are a foreign holiday maker who has been vaccinated twice, what are you supposed to do - carry your passport with you whenever you want to eat so that some Thai guy posted at the entrance can check your entry stamp? I don't know how else. Maybe you'll have to find a copy shop and have your entry stamp copied so you'll have something to show - if anyone is even bothering to check.

If they do go through with this beginning in October, I suspect this will last as long as Thailand's other absurd rules usually last - maybe as much as a week or two before the restaurants get sick and tired of the hassle and stop complying. For example, if there are two restaurants I like, one complies and checks but the other doesn't - guess which of the two will be where I eat.

How would such a rule be enforced? I'm picturing a police raid in the middle of dinner and having to show a police officer my proof of vaccination - after already having had to show it to some Thai kid at the restaurant entrance. Is there anyone here who thinks the police actually have the manpower or even the inclination to be checking for compliance at the multitude of restaurants in Pattaya?

To answer christianPFC's question - you don't need to show proof of vaccination to enter a 7-Eleven, at least not yet. But you do have to be wearing a mask, check your temperature, and some make you use the hand sanitizing solution.

As for 7-Eleven's microwave meals, good luck getting me to try one - ever.