Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Curry And Borscht Needed to Reopen Pattaya

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Curry And Borscht Needed to Reopen Pattaya

As long as it isn't hordes of Chinese tour buses and the middle eastern morons who plague the Sunee Plaza area speeding around on their motorbikes without giving a damn about other people, then anyone else who wants to go to Pattaya is fine with me.

Of course another consideration is even if Pattaya reopens, it's the city that reopens. That doesn't mean anything else such as the bars or other venues are going to open any time soon, or whether serving alcohol will be permitted.

Even if Pattaya reopens, I'm wondering how many people will even want to go right away. Even the TaT is predicting only 20% of pre-Covid tourist numbers will go to Thailand during high season this year. And my own prediction is fewer than that, depending on what is actually open to attract people. And if serving alcohol is still prohibited, good luck getting many tourists, especially singles.

I also hope they won't actually go through with this nonsense about proving you've been vaccinated twice just to be able to eat in a restaurant. Who's going to go to Thailand if they can't even eat in a restaurant without a hassle - and along with it still can't have their drink or wine with dinner? If tourists can't produce whatever is needed as proof, where are they expecting tourists to eat?

And don't be surprised if by November they delay reopening yet again. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm actually expecting that to happen. Already people are seeing that Thailand is not reliable about when things will reopen. I wonder how many people started planning their holiday, started making arrangements with their work, and spent hours working on their holiday plans only to find out Thailand isn't going to reopen as expected after all. Because of that, if it were me, I wouldn't even be beginning to do my planning until Thailand actually does reopen and my reasons for going to Thailand in the first place are also open.

Thailand, you want high tourist numbers? You better start doing things and opening things that will attract them. From where I sit, what I see going on ain't it . . .

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 26th, 2021), Dodger (September 26th, 2021), gerefan2 (September 26th, 2021), Manforallseasons (September 26th, 2021), poshglasgow (September 28th, 2021), siscu58 (October 13th, 2021)