Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Curry And Borscht Needed to Reopen Pattaya

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Curry And Borscht Needed to Reopen Pattaya

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/2...isitors-first/

The Pattaya Business and Tourism Association (PBTA) plans to focus on Indian and Russian tourists first when the city is open to vaccinated foreign tourists.
    Mr. Boonanan Pattanasin, the president of the Pattaya Business and Tourism Association, (PBTA) told The Pattaya News yesterday afternoon, September 21st

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Curry And Borscht Needed to Reopen Pattaya

indians????

Liked

Indians are indeed spicy!
    It's an acquired taste...
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Jellybean (September 29th, 2021), Manforallseasons (September 26th, 2021), Ruthrieston (September 27th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    It's an acquired taste...
    It's a taste I acquired very quickly!

Many employees at convenience stores in Japan are Indian, as there are not enough locals willing to work there. They are invariably young, slim, handsome guys who welcome customers with their beautiful smiles.

There's lots of hot Indian eye-candy wandering around Pattaya - or at least there was - Walking Street was a great place to go to a admire them.

Gorgeous!

Liked

As long as it isn't hordes of Chinese tour buses and the middle eastern morons who plague the Sunee Plaza area speeding around on their motorbikes without giving a damn about other people, then anyone else who wants to go to Pattaya is fine with me.

Of course another consideration is even if Pattaya reopens, it's the city that reopens. That doesn't mean anything else such as the bars or other venues are going to open any time soon, or whether serving alcohol will be permitted.

Even if Pattaya reopens, I'm wondering how many people will even want to go right away. Even the TaT is predicting only 20% of pre-Covid tourist numbers will go to Thailand during high season this year. And my own prediction is fewer than that, depending on what is actually open to attract people. And if serving alcohol is still prohibited, good luck getting many tourists, especially singles.

I also hope they won't actually go through with this nonsense about proving you've been vaccinated twice just to be able to eat in a restaurant. Who's going to go to Thailand if they can't even eat in a restaurant without a hassle - and along with it still can't have their drink or wine with dinner? If tourists can't produce whatever is needed as proof, where are they expecting tourists to eat?

And don't be surprised if by November they delay reopening yet again. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm actually expecting that to happen. Already people are seeing that Thailand is not reliable about when things will reopen. I wonder how many people started planning their holiday, started making arrangements with their work, and spent hours working on their holiday plans only to find out Thailand isn't going to reopen as expected after all. Because of that, if it were me, I wouldn't even be beginning to do my planning until Thailand actually does reopen and my reasons for going to Thailand in the first place are also open.

Thailand, you want high tourist numbers? You better start doing things and opening things that will attract them. From where I sit, what I see going on ain't it . . .

7. 6 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 26th, 2021), Dodger (September 26th, 2021), gerefan2 (September 26th, 2021), Manforallseasons (September 26th, 2021), poshglasgow (September 28th, 2021), siscu58 (October 13th, 2021)

Liked

In Paris, you need a vaccine passport to go into a restaurant, as well as on long distance trains, and that does not seem to be causing problems.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Gaybutton’s post above describes exactly my situation. And I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Many, like me, are probably looking for alternatives because of all this procrastination.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    I also hope they won't actually go through with this nonsense about proving you've been vaccinated twice just to be able to eat in a restaurant. ... If tourists can't produce whatever is needed as proof, where are they expecting tourists to eat?
    Double vaccination (or quarantine) is a requirement for entry to Thailand. The proof of vaccination is with immigration, but it wouldn't come as a surprise if yet another form of proof of vaccination is required to be admitted to restaurants.Can you enter a 7-Eleven or supermarket without proof of vaccination? The microwaved meals in 7-Eleven is something that can come in very handy once or twice a month (hungry after disco, or other situations where no other food is available).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

if i had my way any unvaccinated twit would be beaten with a baseball bat in the middle of the street ...taliban style encouragement to get jabbed

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 27th, 2021), goji (September 27th, 2021), Nirish guy (September 27th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    The proof of vaccination is with immigration, but it wouldn't come as a surprise if yet another form of proof of vaccination is required to be admitted to restaurants.Can you enter a 7-Eleven or supermarket without proof of vaccination?
    I can hardly wait to see how this is going to be enforced. It isn't only foreigners who eat in restaurants. Whatever the proof will be, I hope it is written in Thai. Somehow I don't expect the average Thai to be able to read and understand English. And if the fact that a foreigner entered Thailand, given the rules for entering Thailand, then he must have been vaccinated twice. Correct?

Very good. And if immigration is the way to prove you are a foreign holiday maker who has been vaccinated twice, what are you supposed to do - carry your passport with you whenever you want to eat so that some Thai guy posted at the entrance can check your entry stamp? I don't know how else. Maybe you'll have to find a copy shop and have your entry stamp copied so you'll have something to show - if anyone is even bothering to check.

If they do go through with this beginning in October, I suspect this will last as long as Thailand's other absurd rules usually last - maybe as much as a week or two before the restaurants get sick and tired of the hassle and stop complying. For example, if there are two restaurants I like, one complies and checks but the other doesn't - guess which of the two will be where I eat.

How would such a rule be enforced? I'm picturing a police raid in the middle of dinner and having to show a police officer my proof of vaccination - after already having had to show it to some Thai kid at the restaurant entrance. Is there anyone here who thinks the police actually have the manpower or even the inclination to be checking for compliance at the multitude of restaurants in Pattaya?

To answer christianPFC's question - you don't need to show proof of vaccination to enter a 7-Eleven, at least not yet. But you do have to be wearing a mask, check your temperature, and some make you use the hand sanitizing solution.

As for 7-Eleven's microwave meals, good luck getting me to try one - ever.