Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Songkran love it or hate it

Liked

Re: 8 Tourist provinces Planning to Reopen October 1...???

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    If anything positive came from the pandemic it was not allowing Songkran...
    Looking at Covid numbers in Thailand, it was the travel for Songkran 2021 that set off the current wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    ...a prolonged nightmare and has nothing to do with its original intent.
    In Pattaya and tourist areas of Bangkok. In the provinces, it's bearable. I spent many a Songkran in the provinces (to escape the madness in Pattaya and Bangkok) and it was okay. Except Bang Saen (seeside resort town in Chonburi popular with Thai) where I would like to see the sandcastles built for Songkran, but no way to get there, and to get a hotel. Traffic jams of biblical dimensions already kilometers away.

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Songkran looks like great fun. How could anyone not enjoy this ?
    Pictures and videos are treacherous. I participated in Songkran 2013 in Silom and spent most of the time squeezed sogging between oldies and fatties and women. The novelty of a foam party quickly fades and then it's just cold and wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    ...I was straining my eyes trying to spot a cute boy in the video posted above.
    Exactly my experience in Songkran 2013 in Silom.

10251984_243654279155873_4712810952138252429_n.jpg

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (September 15th, 2021), Brad the Impala (September 15th, 2021), Patanawet (September 18th, 2021), Ruthrieston (September 15th, 2021), splinter1949 (September 18th, 2021), TaoR (September 15th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I think the boy on the far right in the "Who I Really Meet" photo is a doll. Different strokes as they say.

You'll never hear me complaining about watching scantily-dressed boys with wet bodies working themselves into a frenzy. The atmosphere in Pattaya is a bit barbaric, but as long as I still have hair left on my head - it doesn't hurt to let it down once in a while.

4. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (September 15th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Songkran love it or hate it

My first visit to Pattaya in 1998 with a group of friends we arrived for the last couple of days of Songkran, but in those days things were still fairly civilised, and the water throwing stopped as the sun went down so you could still dress well and go out for dinner. In subsequent years it has descended into something I find simply offensive. In the ten years I have lived here now I always take refuge in my condo until 16th April and then I flee to Bangkok as the nonsense stops there on 15th, and stay there until 20th and Pattaya becomes safe again. Grump, grump, grumble, moan - blowing a loud raspberry noise!!

6. 12 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (September 15th, 2021), AdamKY (September 16th, 2021), Armando (September 15th, 2021), arsenal (September 15th, 2021), Dodger (September 15th, 2021), francois (September 16th, 2021), Jellybean (September 16th, 2021), Manforallseasons (September 15th, 2021), Moggy (September 15th, 2021), Oliver2 (September 15th, 2021), splinter1949 (September 18th, 2021), TaoR (September 15th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A year after my confrontation with Billy the KId, I recall reading in The Bangkok Post that the wife of a high-up Norwegian diplomat had been questioned by the police after she slapped a child who had sprayed her with a water pistol in the temple fair across the road from Boyztown during Songkran. I know where my sympathies lie.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Manforallseasons (September 15th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

With Songkran being a "Non-Event" this past 2 years - 2022 will probably be a wash as well. If not, it will at least be much more subdued than in the past.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (September 16th, 2021)

Liked

I enjoyed celebrating Songkran on the street, throwing water, a couple times before retreating to a temple or celebrating with a family in more sedate settings. For me, the water fighting wore thin pretty fast.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (September 16th, 2021), Ruthrieston (September 16th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    A year after my confrontation with Billy the KId, I recall reading in The Bangkok Post that the wife of a high-up Norwegian diplomat had been questioned by the police after she slapped a child who had sprayed her with a water pistol in the temple fair across the road from Boyztown during Songkran. I know where my sympathies lie.

Not smart slapping someone else's child especially for squirting with a water pistol.

14. 4 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (September 16th, 2021), Dodger (September 16th, 2021), Oliver2 (September 16th, 2021), Ruthrieston (September 16th, 2021)

Liked

This is in my opinion one of the dumbest events ever..a holiday?? Spraying innocent people,,lets say tourists,,older folks, ruining their
    clothes and day??? I can understand "friends" pouring water on friends, but strangers, tourists,,,etc. It is just stupid and silly...

16. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Manforallseasons (September 16th, 2021), Ruthrieston (September 16th, 2021), splinter1949 (September 18th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I spotted one cute boy at "counter 5:27" wearing a t shirt with the words "Malibu 55". He was squirting his gun...mmmm.
    Newtral from Laos
    https://www.facebook.com/newtral.sihalath

Liked

I'm a long time resident so of course -- I hate it.