Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A walk through the Complex

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: A walk through the Complex

Throb at its best was unbeatable. And, bluntly, had little in common with the khaotoey shows that followed its demise. Comedy and self-deprecation were replaced by preening. And ludicrous costumes.

And what was lost by Throb's closure? to begin with, full houses- once I counted two hundred people, utilising small, uncomfortable stools because the seats were full. Unsurprisingly, three show bars offering the same product rarely attracted audiences into double figures.

Unlike the show bars, Throb appealed to all sorts and conditions of mankind.... I loved the old woman who nearly wet her knickers when her husband was dragged onto the stage by two randy monkeys who proceeded to attempt anal entry. What tales she had to tell her Darby and Joan Club! Meanwhile, the more-favoured among us, the gays, could enjoy watching some cute dancers who weren't pretending to be ladies.

It was engagingly unpretentious- older posters in the UK may recall The Scout Show back in the 50s- but it was fun and popular. I fear that we shall never see its like again.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (September 8th, 2021), goji (September 8th, 2021), Ruthrieston (September 9th, 2021), snotface (September 8th, 2021)