Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A walk through the Complex

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: A walk through the Complex

Throb at its best was unbeatable. And, bluntly, had little in common with the khaotoey shows that followed its demise. Comedy and self-deprecation were replaced by preening. And ludicrous costumes.

And what was lost by Throb's closure? to begin with, full houses- once I counted two hundred people, utilising small, uncomfortable stools because the seats were full. Unsurprisingly, three show bars offering the same product rarely attracted audiences into double figures.

Unlike the show bars, Throb appealed to all sorts and conditions of mankind.... I loved the old woman who nearly wet her knickers when her husband was dragged onto the stage by two randy monkeys who proceeded to attempt anal entry. What tales she had to tell her Darby and Joan Club! Meanwhile, the more-favoured among us, the gays, could enjoy watching some cute dancers who weren't pretending to be ladies.

It was engagingly unpretentious- older posters in the UK may recall The Scout Show back in the 50s- but it was fun and popular. I fear that we shall never see its like again.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (September 8th, 2021), goji (September 8th, 2021), Ruthrieston (September 9th, 2021), snotface (September 8th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    They were lip-syncing the song "I'm gonna wash that man right outa my hair" from the movie "South Pacific" - while a rather robust farang transvestite was doing backflips off the stage. What's there not to like?
    Well, the robust farang transvestite doing backflips comes immediately to mind! Lol

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Best of all was for me the interpretation of that awful "Barcelona" song. Khun Oh frequently had the old coach-party ladies falling out of their chairs with laughter.

I must stop this before the tears of nostalgia start rolling down my cheeks!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ive really enjoyed this thread...thanks...i do have a lingering fear that the crazy unbridled Thailand may never return...i have lived through difficult times...so nothing really sur;rises me anymore...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

I must stop this before the tears of nostalgia start rolling down my cheeks!
    A gift to you from Khun Oh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1fiOJDXA-E

7. User who gave Like to post:

jimnbkk (September 11th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks....but Caballe and Mercury just don't do the song justice. For me, Khun Oh provides the urtext, giving it exactly what it deserves.....laughs..

9. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (September 9th, 2021)

Liked

If the two goliaths of Boyztown, BBB and the old Cafe Royal want to reopen successfully they're going to have to appwal to that other that the Chinese. Over the last decade or so I watched many businesses gear themselves to that market. Without exception all changed their minds as their other customers disappeared and their standards fell away. If this pandemic signals the end of the Chinese tour groups then at least some good will have come out of it..

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (September 9th, 2021), Ruthrieston (September 9th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    If the two goliaths of Boyztown, BBB and the old Cafe Royal want to reopen successfully they're going to have to appwal to that other that the Chinese. Over the last decade or so I watched many businesses gear themselves to that market. Without exception all changed their minds as their other customers disappeared and their standards fell away. If this pandemic signals the end of the Chinese tour groups then at least some good will have come out of it..
    Catering to the Chinese was a necessary evil as Boystown lost its appeal to so many that the bar owners were left with little choice. The whole scene in Pattaya has changed so much over the years that the incentive for people to travel half way around the world has very much diminished, as the O.P. notes the customers that inhabit the complex are an average age of 65, unless the gay venues can enlarge their customer base the future is less than bright.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

13. User who gave Like to post:

Armando (September 10th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

guess thgat with us homos being more widely accepted in the west the need to search for forbidden fruit in faraway lands in no longer needed

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post

guess thgat with us homos being more widely accepted in the west the need to search for forbidden fruit in faraway lands in no longer needed
    Just because we're more widely accepted doesn't necessarily mean we're going to find what we're searching for back in our Motherlands. Unless you're content having sex with someone the same age as you.

I shutter at the thought!