List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8 Tourist provinces Planning to Reopen October 1...???

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: 8 Tourist provinces Planning to Reopen October 1...???

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post

......A coffee at the raised coffee bar on the Bang Saray Beach Front or perhaps Bacca Beach or The Glasshouse. Then a gentle amble along Jomtien Beach road maybe pausing to take in the view and finally stopping off in the complex to see who's about.
    We have similar tastes.

Bocca has tasty pizza...a good selection of Italian reds...a great view...and a waiter named Penn who has an ass sculpted by the Gods. The Glass House is perfect for a romantic dinner...sitting on the beach during sunset with Boy Special...with live acoustical guitar music playing gently in the background. It doesn't get any better than that for me.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Kenny (September 6th, 2021), Ruthrieston (September 7th, 2021), TaoR (September 6th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Here's more jibber-jabber (wishful thinking) regarding the entire Kingdom opening without quarantine by January 1st.

Read at your own risk:

https://pattayaone.news/whole-countr...ary-next-year/

Liked

The whole country 'might' reopen without quarantine on Jan 1st - and then they go and spoil it all by talking about needing 'herd immunity' - presumably from vaccination.

Which would be great - IF they could get people vaccinated in time - IF they overlook the teensy little detail that vaccination is not creating herd immunity elsewhere.

In the UK, the proportion of people who have had Covid now is probably somewhere between a half and two thirds of the entire population. You can crunch the numbers various ways, but it looks as though the actual number of cases is probably in the region of six to eight times the number recorded.

As hardly anyone is getting it twice, we will get our herd immunity the old fashioned way - when enough people have been infected. The vaccines have been good at reducing impact on the older and more vulnerable, but seem pretty useless at curbing spread.

The recorded numbers have just started tumbling again here - might this be the home straight? Hopefully..

But what about the LoS? What's the mood? Are the little people being heard - or are the generals still in 'Tourism doesn't really matter' mode..?

It's getting close to the date when I normally buy my air tickets - normally out New Year's Eve, normally back late March.

I'd love to be confident about January 1st, but I'm thinking of going someplace else first.. - over 25 years since I last went to Sri Lanka - memories of straight acting lads on the beach up for gay for pay - small but rock hard dicks that cum very quickly.. - is it open for business - is it still the same..?

5. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 11th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The UK figures here https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ suggest 10% of the UK population have had Covid.
    Newspaper reports can suggest anything and are best ignored.

As regards buying your ticket now I suggest you wait. There will be plenty of seats and there is no way of telling what will happen in the 3 1/2 months before you plan to travel.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    The UK figures here https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ suggest 10% of the UK population have had Covid.
    Those totals are the reported cases - there's a big difference between actual cases and reported ones..

Roughly half of those people getting Covid are believed to be unaware of it, or get such mild symptoms they don't think much about it.

Informal research (by me..) indicates that around half the population would not bother to test if they got moderate symptoms. As a follow up question, well over half told me that they would not report being infected if they had a positive test. The NHS 'pinging' system does not seem to enthuse people - they'd rather hunker down until they got better, than become a statistic.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (September 12th, 2021)

Liked

As far as I can tell, the Thai government is intent on vaccinating the population as fast as they can, then just getting on with it. Which ought to make a trip in the winter relatively easy. However, no need to start looking into booking that trip for a couple of months yet.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (September 12th, 2021), Kenny (September 13th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    As far as I can tell, the Thai government is intent on vaccinating the population as fast as they can, then just getting on with it. Which ought to make a trip in the winter relatively easy. However, no need to start looking into booking that trip for a couple of months yet.
    I think that's it in a nutshell.
    One positive is the rapid increase in the production and availability of vaccines. Soon any government wishing to vaccinate its population will no longer be limited by vaccine supply issues.
    I hope to be back in LOS as soon as travel restrictions, including ASQs, have been entirely removed. Hopefully that will be in January, if not, Songkran is a strong possibility.

Liked

Posts relating to Songkran have been moved here:
    https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...-it-or-hate-it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thailand hopes to welcome tourists to Bangkok, top cities next month
    https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-p...th-2021-09-09/
    If they plan to open in three weeks (from date of article 9sep2021), they should have concrete plans, partially implemented, and not just hopes by now. I expect further delays.

Bangkok's reopening would be partial, however, starting with areas popular with visitors, Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yuthasak Supasorn told Reuters, without elaborating.
    And how is that going to work out?
    Last edited by christianpfc; September 14th, 2021 at 23:22.

Liked

The Independent is reporting:

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-b1919280.html

That Thailand is on the bad boy list for not reporting enough COVID genome results to GISAID - which appears to be the 'official' data collator.

For that reason their correspondent predicts that Thailand will be kept on the UK's Red List this week. The Telegraph however thinks that Thailand is a potential candidate for liberation from the Red List, and that Amber and Green will be abolished this week, which would make travel to Thailand restriction free from the UK perspective.

Incidentally, new reported Covid cases are tumbling in the UK (although it's not widely reported) today's figure is 29% down on last Tuesday

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Thailand hopes to welcome tourists to Bangkok, top cities next month

And how is that going to work out?

It kind of depends on what silly restrictions are implemented when "reopening".
    If people have their movements restricted and there are loads of other petty & pointless restrictions, very few will show up.

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Old git (September 14th, 2021), Patanawet (September 15th, 2021)