List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8 Tourist provinces Planning to Reopen October 1...???

Forum's veteran
    Liked

8 Tourist provinces Planning to Reopen October 1...???

The drum roll gets louder.

It appears that the success of this reopening will rely heavily on the use of Thai-Made covid vaccines.

What could possibly go wrong?

Fingers-crossed this will be a go. The bar owners (and everyone else) are biting at the bit to reopen, and the prostitutes are running out of mascara.

colmx - fuck Phuket, just get your ass to Pattaya.

https://pattayaone.news/8-tourism-pr...en-in-october/

Liked

Re: 8 Tourist provinces Planning to Reopen October 1...???

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    It appears that the success of this reopening will rely heavily on the use of Thai-Made covid vaccines.
    At present, Thailand is rapidly vaccinating it's population with imported and licensed vaccines.

It seems proposals for the Pattaya sandbox involve restricting where we can go within Pattaya during the sandbox period. So they can f*ck that, as Phuket offers more freedom.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

......Phuket offers more freedom.
    We'll have to wait and see what the restrictions will be for the 8 Provinces in the plan. If there's a 14 day quarantine and all the bars are closed, no tourists will come and they'll still be back at square one.

They don't need another "Sandbox Scheme"...they need a real "Reopening". That means, no quarantine for vaccinated tourists - with bars and entertainment venues open. At least that's what the working boys want. And I know that's what you want too.

I'm not saying they're going to pull this off, but I do like the fact that there seems to be a fire lit under their asses to get the people vaccinated. As I've said before, I think October is being overly optimistic, but things are moving in the right direction anyway.

Here's recent data showing a significant decrease in reported cases in Thailand - with about 22% of the population being vaccinated. Great progress in the past two weeks.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-c...ries/thailand/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It seems proposals for the Pattaya sandbox involve restricting where we can go within Pattaya during the sandbox period. So they can f*ck that, as Phuket offers more freedom.
    I can't say that I disagree with you about that. This "Sealed Route Programme" of theirs for Pattaya sounds insane.

Liked

We'll have to wait and see what the restrictions will be for the 8 Provinces in the plan. If there's a 14 day quarantine and all the bars are closed, no tourists will come and they'll still be back at square one.
    They don't need another "Sandbox Scheme"...they need a real "Reopening".
    For mass tourism and an attempt at a full recovery, yes they need a real reopening, with the same rules as 2019. Better still, double the number of days people get when arriving to partially compensate for reduced visitor numbers.

However, as of today, I believe we can go anywhere we like in Phuket with their sandbox scheme. So if that were combined with reopening of bars & unrestricted domestic travel after 7 days, I would have thought quite a few board members would consider it in the winter.
    Doing what we like in Phuket seems far better than any daft scheme which restricts our itinerary in Pattaya.

Here's recent data showing a significant decrease in reported cases in Thailand - with about 22% of the population being vaccinated. Great progress in the past two weeks.
    According to slightly different figures in the Pattaya Mail, 24.9 million have received first doses. which is almost 36%.
    9.7 million have received second doses.
    They delivered 4.8 million doses in the last week and if this rate is sustained, 70% of the population should be vaccinated by some time in December. I would like to think the combination of that vaccination rate and economic pressure might lead to some opening up.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (September 6th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

However, as of today, I believe we can go anywhere we like in Phuket with their sandbox scheme. So if that were combined with reopening of bars & unrestricted domestic travel after 7 days, I would have thought quite a few board members would consider it in the winter.
    That being the case, maybe planning your holiday in Phuket this winter is the answer, and put your plans to return to Pattaya off until next year without all these ridiculous restrictions.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (September 6th, 2021)

Liked

That being the case, maybe planning your holiday in Phuket this winter is the answer, and put your plans to return to Pattaya off until next year without all these ridiculous restrictions.
    My planning will be done at the last minute.

However, I presume any stupid restrictions applied to the Pattaya sandbox would only apply during the sandbox period.

Assuming one is free to travel after the sandbox period, the obvious move would be to go wherever the sandbox terms are the best then travel to where I want to go afterwards.

Liked

https://pattayaone.news/8-tourism-pr...en-in-october/
    I will decide on Sept 17, depending on what the news is like, that gives me 3 weeks to sort the COE paperwork etc, for whichever destination I end up visiting (which may well be Spain!)

Key requirements for me would be removal of the curfew and the reopening of open fronted beer bars (at a minimum)

My main fear in delaying a Thai trip till January is that by that stage Europe might be back into a lockdown as the covid shitshow starts all over again

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post

......Key requirements for me would be removal of the curfew and the reopening of open fronted beer bars (at a minimum)
    I hear you loud and clear.

I live 25 minutes from the gay venues in Pattaya - and I wouldn't even go there unless they're open and I have the freedom to do whatever I want for as long as I want. I can't even imagine traveling thousands of miles on holiday to be told I had to be back in my room by 10:00 PM.

Good luck with your planning, and I'll keep my fingers cross for you.

Liked

Speedy Dodger wrote.
    "I live 25 minutes from the gay venues in Pattaya -"

For me it's usually couple of hours. A coffee at the raised coffee bar on the Bang Saray Beach Front or perhaps Bacca Beach or The Glasshouse. Then a gentle amble along Jomtien Beach road maybe pausing to take in the view and finally stopping off in the complex to see who's about.