Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vigil

Liked

Vigil

Last night I watched the first episode of a new six part drama on BBC One called Vigil about the suspicious death of a submariner on the nuclear submarine HMS Vigil while on active service. To be honest, I tuned in not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised and hooked right from the start. The storyline, acting and production values are, in my opinion, excellent and I look forward to viewing the next episode. Below I have posted an extract from Wikipedia, a review by Joel Golby of The Guardian and the official trailer provided by YouTube. If it arouses your interest then give it a try.

Vigil.jpg

Vigil2.jpg

Vigil is a British Police procedural television series created by Tom Edge and produced by World Productions. The show commenced on BBC One in August 2021 and will be a series, in six parts.[1][2]

The show stars Martin Compston, Suranne Jones and Rose Leslie.[2] The show is based on the success of recent programmes of the same style, including Line of Duty and also Bodyguard, which were released by the same production company, World Productions. The show was filmed and is set in Scotland, with the events of the show taking place on HMS Vigil, a fictional Vanguard-class submarine of the Royal Navy. The plot is in part inspired by the conspiracy theories surrounding the sinking of the FV Gaul . . .

Plot
    The mysterious disappearance of a Scottish fishing trawler and a death on-board the Trident nuclear submarine HMS Vigil brings the police into conflict with the Royal Navy and British security services.
    Source: Wikipedia
    Netflix & quill Drama

Vigil: Suranne Jones’s classy new drama is Sunday night TV at its best

This multilayered murder mystery set on a nuclear submarine takes the usual police procedural beats and gives them a new lease of life

Joel Golby
    Sat 28 Aug 2021 10.00 BST
    There are three things we, as a nation, love and adore: bank holiday weekends, multilayered murder mysteries being solved by someone who keeps having flashbacks to that one time they had trauma, and Suranne Jones being class. The BBC knows this, which is why it’s putting out the first two episodes of Vigil (Sunday 29 and Monday 30 August, 9pm, BBC One) – a multilayered murder mystery featuring Suranne Jones being class – on this, the woozy long weekend that heralds the end of summer. Put the grill away and apply aloe to that welt of sunburn: Suranne is here, and – what’s that? Drop to knees, inspect ground, shine torch on ill-lit corner. Yep, just as I thought: that’s blood. Captain, this just became a murder investigation.

To HMS Vigil, then, a fictional vanguard submarine patrolling the cool Scottish waters west of Glasgow, and one loaded with enough nuclear firepower to “kill everyone”. Only one person is dead for now, though, and that’s why Suranne is here, to investigate how a crew member died on duty. The only catch is: if we turn off nuclear submarines for even one second Russia will have a field day, so she has to be winched in via helicopter and floated out on a raft once she’s discovered the killer. We have just been thrust into a spiky little chess game: the calm logic of the police versus the immovable hierarchy of the navy; the temptation of doing the investigation by the book versus the irresistible lure of the truth . . .
    To read the full article see: The Guardian

Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 30th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Vigil

I'm hooked too. It's a pause and replay thriller in that its vital not to miss anything.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

any gay man on man action

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    any gay man on man action
    Not so far, latintopxxx, but if you check out my recommendation on The White Lotus topic you may be pleasantly surprised.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

great...

Liked

Episode 2 of Vigil screams along at a cracking pace. Unmissable.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I agree, I watched after reading about it on here and yes it's "totally hooked" TV for sure, currently now eagerly waiting for part 3 !

I cant work out whether Im loving the TV tips on here as generally speaking everything that's talked about I usually find it enjoyable too - OR - I HATE the fact that we're all such sheep and seem to be so easily pleased by the programme makers in them knowing how to tick all the boxes as to what we all enjoy ! Definitely one of the two things, just cant make up my mind which ! :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

nirish...u sound like someome who is never pleased with anything even stuff u r enjoying....strange...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Cute naked Thai boys - and THAT I enjoy, everything else, I guess it all depends what day it is :/)

Liked

Vigil is fiction, but a two part documentary about the real life nuclear submarine HMS Trenchant called, Submarine: Life Under the Waves will be shown tonight (September 13th, 2021) in the UK on Channel 5. It will be interesting to compare the two. Vigil has come in for criticism from those who have served in the Royal Navy, but it is fiction after all and, I assume, much was done for dramatic effect.

For the first time British cameras have been given access on board a hunter-killer submarine on live operations. Submarine: Life Under the Waves goes on board HMS Trenchant, a nuclear submarine, on its four month tour of duty to the mid-Atlantic to uncover the reality of life at sea. Living in extremely close quarters the crew are tasked with helping guard the UK’s Trident missiles and keeping British waters safe.

HMS Trenchant is a Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarine. Together with the Astute class, the three Trafalgar-class submarines make up the Royal Navy’s hunter-killer submarine force. Trenchant is equipped with the ferocious Tomahawk cruise missile, which can destroy a target from up to 1,000 miles away.

All Royal Navy submarines are nuclear-powered, giving them virtually unlimited range and the ability to stay submerged for as long as the crew's food supply holds out.

This is the first in a brand new, two-part documentary series that will no doubt fascinate fans of BBC One’s huge drama series Vigil . . .
    For the full article see: THE VERSION