Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow coloured police cars

Liked

Rainbow coloured police cars

It would appear that the decision by certain police forces in the UK to have rainbow coloured hate crime squad cars has not been widely accepted. An extract from an article on the subject by Emma Powys Maurice of PinkNews is copied below:

Police.jpg

Police 2.jpg

Police slammed for plan to give LGBT+ folk ‘confidence’ by putting rainbows on cars

Emma Powys Maurice August 23, 2021

UK police are facing heavy criticism for a new fleet of rainbow-coloured squad cars they claim will boost “confidence” among the LGBT+ community.

The “hate crime cars” will be introduced in forces across the country in a bid to encourage more victims of anti-LGBT+ crimes to come forward to police.

Currently as many as 80 per cent of LGBT+ people don’t report hate crimes to the authorities, according to Stonewall, but police believe their colourful cars will change that.

“They get all the police insignia put on them as normal, but there will be normally something added on that is to do with the rainbow side of things,” said Julie Cooke, deputy chief constable of Cheshire Police.

Explaining the initiative on social media, she said that the “cost is quite minimal”, but is assured that the impact is “huge”.

“Actually the cost is quite minimal but the confidence that it can bring by just having that rainbow on there… and people say to me the impact of seeing the rainbow is so huge,” she said . . .
    For the full article see: PinkNews

Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

2. User who gave Like to post:

Khor tose (August 30th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Rainbow coloured police cars

Who designed this mess?

4. User who gave Like to post:

francois (August 30th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

agree...looks like an explosion in a paint factory...

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 2nd, 2021), Jellybean (August 30th, 2021)

Liked

How detached from reality are the people who make these types of decisions?

I would have loved to been a fly on the wall in the boardroom when this decision was made.

Brad: Hey boss, great idea! How about we make the gay people like us by being totally patrionizing towards them by giving our squad cars a rinbow color paint job? They'll love it!

Steve: Great idea Brad, you deserve a raise. This will surely get the gay people on our side.

I'm sorry, but what the actual fuck? These people are in charge of policing our societies. Do they not know anything about how a society functions?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

i've got very mixed feelings about this...personally I dont subscribe to things like gay marriage and find the various "pride marches" slightly embarrassing as they in my opinion resemble walking freak shows...BUT at the same time i can see how highlighting the fact that gays can be cops and hold positions of influence (that old apple ceo guy) is valuable as judging by pride marches we are all flamboyant micing sashaying boa wearing freaks who wear outlandish wigs/leather outsfits and have sex non stop in public...

9. User who gave Like to post:

goji (August 31st, 2021)

Liked

You're so insightful, Latin.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

sob...thanks

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The (stated) reason for Police adding rainbow colours to their police cars etc, is to attempt to show the LGBTQ community that the Police have changed their outlook towards them and that they now aspire to proving policing for ALL of the community ( which they were MEANT to be doing anyway of course this whole time).

However after many many years of the police generally harassing, arresting, disbelieving ( when it came to assaults etc) and generally treating LGBT people fairly shabbily ( understatement of the year there), they now seem to want to very visibly show their support to the LGBT community (AND that also to the straight community) to say that "things have changed" and that LGBT should now approach and be able to trust the police when they are dealing with their every day policing needs, perhaps in a way they couldn't and didn't before - and THAT can't be a bad thing.

Personally if it's for a short period of time as a temporary PR campaign I've no issue with it. Longer term I'm not quite so sure that the police should be getting into politicising every day policing like that as once they start where do they stop. For instance next month will we all be seeing police cars with "Police support Black lives Matter" or Police support "battered husbands" stickers on them etc etc - although MAYBE THAT isn't such a bad thing either actually if they've also performed poorly in those areas too?

Anyway, so that is the reason Police are now stepping up across the UK ( and in other Countries around the World too it seems) so they can now send a clear message of support and display the (new) understanding they ( claim) to have when dealing with LGBT people and their issues now after having such terrible track record in that area.

I'm glad to say that where I live we also have a nice, shiny, newly painted police vehicle here too, but being N.Ireland it is of course a bomb proof, armoured police Land Rover ! lol ( pic below)

It should also be noted too though that when the Police first announced their intentions to run their campaign here the usual mouthpieces from the Christian (rarely) right brigade protested loudly in the local media, saying they objected against the use of the vehicle being used out on the roads as they viewed it AS a message of support to for "gays' (which would of course be going against the bible blah blah blah).

Unfortunately the Police chief here bottled the decision and finally decided to paint up only ONE land rover and it was then ordered to be used solely sat parked up during PRIDE parades etc "rather than offend the straights'. So to me that sort of watered down the whole point and intent of their original message in my opinion, but I guess it was SOME progress at least so is to be welcomed.

The police here also changed their internal staffing rules so as to now allow LGBT police officers and their allies to march for the first time in PRIDE parades here ( and in Dublin) in full police uniform (which had been denied to them before) and which was a big (visible) change too.

So again that additional visibility that LGBT police officers DO actually "exist" and LGBT people can feel comfortable applying to join the Police can only be seen as a good thing too, as THAT message is certainly better than the alternative one which existed for many years before.

PSNI1.jpg
    PSNI2.jpg

13. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (September 1st, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

i dont lime the way u guys march...always ends up in a fight...riots...bon fires

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Lol don’t believe everything you see on TV :-)