Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thailand now added to the UK's "RED LIST" of Countries.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thailand now added to the UK's "RED LIST" of Countries.

Thailand now added to the UK's "RED LIST" of Countries with only UK or Irish nationals, or UK residents, allowed back in to the UK after they have been to a red list country. They then have to pay to self-isolate in a government-approved quarantine hotel.

So, if you're from the UK and happen to be in Thailand and are thinking of heading back home any time soon you've got until 03.00 (GMT) on Monday 30th Aug to beat the clock before they'll lock you up on your return !!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58348541

Last edited by Jellybean; August 27th, 2021 at 05:18. Reason: Link corrected.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand now added to the UK's "RED LIST" of Countries.

That will put a stop to anyone from the UK going to the Phuket, or any other Sandbox scheme, unless they intend to stay some time in the hope that when they want to return to the UK Thailand has been removed from the Red List.

It may also have an implication on direct flights from Thailand in the same way that Middle East flights were affected.

Liked

Agreed.
    Going from the UK to Thailand will now only make sense for those planning a long term trip, possibly including other countries after Thailand.

However, I suspect that Thailand will be off the red list by the end of the winter. If not, then spending 14 days on holiday in a third country without the red list nonsense is preferable to supporting the UK quarantine scam.

Liked

UK visitors can stop at an amber country for 10 days on the way back from Thailand and thus avoid the mandatory hotel quarantine.

So of time is no issue, you simply tack on 10 days in Spain on the way home and problem is solved (kinda!)

5. User who gave Like to post:

goji (August 27th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    UK visitors can stop at an amber country for 10 days on the way back from Thailand and thus avoid the mandatory hotel quarantine.

So of time is no issue, you simply tack on 10 days in Spain on the way home and problem is solved (kinda!)
    Sounds like a piece of cake...LOL

Liked

Actually it doesn't even have to be Spain. The UK returnees can transit on to Ireland and stay there without quarantine until their 10 days are up.

Of course a Spanish hotel would be a helluva lot cheaper than an Irish one!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    The UK returnees can transit on to Ireland!
    Aye and then get the bus or train from Dublin to Belfast across the now non existent EU / UK land border followed by short 45 minute unhindered and unchecked flight right back into anywhere in GB !!

I’m not countenancing such a plan by the way, far from it, I think it’s a disgrace that option so easily exists just now. Im merely pointing out the idiocy of the expensive, unworkable rules that we’ve all been told are in place to keep us “safe” when it’s clearly a nonsense that is simply worked around should you chose to do / risk it.

I should point out both Govts ( the British and Irish) would say something like they have robust measures in place at the airports / borders to question any such new arrivals - my only comment Re that - my ARSE they do as we’re seeing this very thing it happen here regularity now. In fact it’s believed the first case of Covid in N.Ireland arrived here from exactly that journey via the Dublin airport to Belfast bus :-(

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This “scheme” was tried when some of the Middle East states went red. It was soon stopped.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh I don't know, as far as I can tell / read the Irish government are YET to share arrivals passenger locator form data as collected at Dublin Airport / the ports etc with the British / N.I Govt about ANY arrivals that have taken place even from the start of the Pandemic never mind now. It's such a gaping hope in the fence and shows up the lack of cooperation on the matter that both parties are quietly treading around that fact without trying to bring too much (more) attention to it then there already has been. And of course without that data the British have no (easy) way of telling who is coming from where when they get off a flight or a boat from Northern Ireland to GB now.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...deal-1.4478584

Liked

This morning, I received the following advice by email from the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office:

Travel advice (2).png

Summary

The FCDO advise against all but essential travel to the whole country.

Still current at: 28 August 2021
    Updated: 28 August 2021
    Latest update:

The FCDO advise against all but essential travel to the whole of Thailand based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.

In addition and for security reasons, the FCDO advises against all but essential travel to:
    • Pattani
    • Yala
    • Narathiwat
    • Southern Songkhla province. This does not include areas north of and including the A43 road between Hat Yai and Sakom, and areas north-west of and including the train line which runs between Hat Yai and Pedang Besar.

Consular assistance is available throughout Thailand, except for the provinces noted above. See Terrorism

Source: FCDO
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases