Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: The White Lotus

Liked

The White Lotus

Aloha!

TWL.jpg

The White Lotus is a US TV show currently being shown on Sky Atlantic in the UK and it would have passed me by if I had not read the review by Camilla Long in The Sunday Times. I watched the first episode on August 22nd, 2021 and can say it already has me hooked. And no need to wait until next week as the next episode downloaded automatically and is ready to view. If the following review and synopsis is of interest, then give it a try:

Camilla Long
    The Sunday Times

August 22nd, 2021

The White Lotus

What a blissfully poisonous helicopter crash of a show it is. I didn’t watch it; I gulped it.

It is rare to feel, from the very opening credits, from the first jarring pump of that possessed theme tune, that you are seeing the best show of the year so far. But just one minute of the first scene tells you this comedy – or dramedy, or thriller, or whatever it is, it’s certainly only just a comedy – is going to slap you straight in the face.

It shows Jake, a honeymooning Wasp, in an airport telling nosey passengers that the body being cranked on to the plane is the person who was killed at the White Lotus. It’s obviously been the most shocking week of his life, but still the female passenger trills: “Other than that, did you have a good vacation?” He looks at them blankly: what, other than the dead body? “No offence,” he whispers after a moment. “Leave me the f*** alone.” Oh Mama.

This is television as bitch-a-thon: it is savage line after savage line . . .
    The full review can be seen behind a pay wall on The Sunday Times.

The White Lotus is an American satire comedy-drama anthology television series created, written and directed by Mike White that premiered on HBO on July 11, 2021.[3][4] The series was greenlit in October 2020 and filmed in Hawaii in late 2020. Featuring an ensemble cast including Murray Bartlett, Connie Britton, Jennifer Coolidge, Alexandra Daddario, Jake Lacy, and Steve Zahn, the six-episode first season focuses on the lives of the staff and guests at a tropical resort in Hawaii over the course of a week. It has received acclaim from critics. In August 2021, the series was renewed for a second season, which will tell the story of a different group of travelers during their stay at another White Lotus property . . .

Premise
    The White Lotus "follows the vacations of various hotel guests over the span of a week as they relax and rejuvenate in paradise. But with each passing day, a darker complexity emerges in these picture-perfect travelers, the hotel's cheerful employees and the idyllic locale itself."
    For the full article see: Wikipedia

The official trailer via YouTube is shown below:

Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

2. User who gave Like to post:

francois (August 24th, 2021)

Liked

Re: The White Lotus

I was thinking of this type of white Lotus.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1MDwVRgoQc

Liked

Re: The White Lotus

I've started this and so far it's moving along at a nice pace. Set in a hotel, onr of my favourite genres. The humour is very dry it that way American light drama's can do so well.

One of my favourite sites to waste time on is the one below. Read the cons section for the hotel reviews and most of the time you probably wouldn't want to stay there.

https://theluxurytravelexpert.com