List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gay Buddhists and other groups in Thailand.

Liked

Re: Gay Buddhists and other groups in Thailand.

The closest I got to answering your question today was stumbling across a facebook group "Gay fishermen". This group is intended to bring gay fishermen together. I looked all my life for a gay man who liked to fish. I hope I can help bring gay fishermen together.

For me, the relation between gay and being Buddhist is as far fetched as the relation between being gay and liking to fish.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 25th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post

For me, the relation between gay and being Buddhist is as far fetched as the relation between being gay and liking to fish.
    Anyone can be gay!

Do you consider farmers the same? Fishermen are after all only floating farmers.

Unless you mean something else by liking “fish”.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

. I looked all my life for a gay man who liked to fish.
    The closest I ever got was sucking a fishermans friend !

(For those who may not know thats actually a lozenge sweet that helps when you have a cough here in the UK ;-)
    ff.png

5. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (August 25th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Anyone can be gay!

Do you consider farmers the same? Fishermen are after all only floating farmers.

Unless you mean something else by liking “fish”.
    I think you're missing Christian's point.

Liked

the relation between being gay and liking to fish.
    usually gay women are in this category...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ScholarDreamer View Post
    I would like to point out that there is a Buddhist group in Taiwan that is outspoken regarding LGBT rights.

Similarly in Korea the Won Buddhist groups is known to be very supportive of LGBT rights
    You really cannot compare Thai society with Taiwan's society. Over the last 15- 20 years, Taiwan has leapt forward in terms of LGBT acceptance. You only have to look at the Annual Pride Parade at the end of October. Pre-pandemic, Taipei's Parade in the afternoon had grown over the years to a total of 160,000 marchers and many bystanders plus a week-end of night parties. Participants were local Taiwanese as well as visitors who had flown in from several countries in Asia. Every Taiwan city also has its own Pride Parades. From the outset these have been organised by individuals rather than gay businesses, although international businesses like Citi now sponsor it. So their organisation has grown from within and not been imposed by gay busnesses.

Compare that with Thailand. Bangkok used to have an annual Pride march. This was organised by the gay business owners, not individuals. It died in the early 2000s and it attracted only those working in the various bars and spas as well as a few owho attended them. Totally unlike Taipei, hardly any Thais from the professional class attended. There was a small Parade a few months ago which attracted 1,000 marchers, but quite a few of these were political protestors merely latching on to the march. The Phuket Gay Pride Parade died a few years ago. Chiang Mai's second Parade in 2009 was so badly heckled by the crowds that it had to be abandoned. In 2019 and 2020 Parades were resurrected but with just a small number of participants. Many individuals in Thai society may be accepting of gay men and women, but few accept open displays of LGBT events.

Sorry I have no experience of Korea but like Thailand it is also a very homophobic society.

9. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (August 25th, 2021)

Liked

Okay. I see the moderator of this group has allowed trolling of my inquiry.

The answer is that none of you know. I didn't have high expectation of a group primarily centered on sex tourism or the expat equivalent, but I thought there might be a few bits of information.

What I find instead is a lot of hostility towards the question itself. I think perhaps if you are a group trying to figure out how to give the delivery "boy" a blow job, it is perhaps annoying to have to consider that the delivery "boy" is a human having a dimension which would include the spiritual.

Liked

Sawatdee has a reputation for being an edgy message board: and to a reasonable degree we wish to keep it that way. Thus, if any of the problems outlined above bother you, then we suggest that you use the Ignore Feature. (To activate Ignore: go to My Control Panel >>> Friend & Foe >>> Manage Foes >>> write in the handle you wish to ignore >>> Submit >>> Yes
    It is in Rules, you agreed with them it time of registration.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...amp-guidelines
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

12. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 25th, 2021)

Liked

is perhaps annoying to have to consider that the delivery "boy" is a human having a dimension which would include the spiritual
    I would never assume humans have to have a "spiritual" dimension. Some are rational instead.

Liked

The answer is that none of you know.
    Not just that. If the combined wisdom and experience of our membership doesn't have answers to your questions, that probably means there are no answers to your questions.

What I find instead is a lot of hostility towards the question itself.
    Don't be so sensitive. This forum is no place for pussies. If there is something in your posts that can be ridiculed or derailed, this will probably happen sooner or later.

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 31st, 2021), Dodger (August 31st, 2021)