Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Phuket Sandbox

Liked

Re: Phuket Sandbox

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    What in the hell is a "Fish Fighting Arena"?
    Siamese fighting fish. There is even a museum dedicated to them in Samut Prakarn.

AFAIK, they are bred to be colorful with long tails/fins, and territorial so two fish in the same tank will attack each other until one is dead. More here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamese_fighting_fish

Isn't cockfighting and gambling illegal anyway?

1200px-HM_Orange_M_Sarawut.jpg

Liked

Re: Phuket Sandbox

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    This is the body of the most recent post by the French sandboxer referenced above:

*** Disclaimer
    To be continued....
    Just to update the post above from the French traveller that ended up in mandatory hospital:

UPDATE 4: All is good in the hospital, start to get used to the delicious food (actually to be really honest it isn't that bad, I had worst food in restaurant in UK ... just kidding), the visit from the nurse at 7AM to check my temperature, blood pressure and if my heart is still beating... she also like to ask me if I did poo poo and pee pee and how many times! She comes again at 6PM to make sure I will make it overnight and didn't die from boredom in my room. Doing a bit of yoga here and there to keep me heathy and stay against the window to catch a beautiful beach tan
    Anyway, feeling better now (well was never that bad apart from the strong headache/migraine) and as per the doctor I will be out on September 1st in the morning. Hospital international dept (the one handling the insurance) called me as well and they have contacted my insurance which accepted to leave a payment guarantee so all good, insurance will pay. They apparently refused to pay for the Ambulance transfer (3000 THB), not really sure as I don't think I had any other choice. For information the bill for 3 days at the hospital is already 54000 THB, must be the super expensive paracetamol they gave (pills are yellow, it must be so much more expensive than the white one :-)).

LAST UPDATE: I am finally out of the hospital since the 1st of September, got a nice letter from the hospital explaining that all is good with me, I have spent my 2 weeks of recovery time and I recovered from covid, I am free to travel. Apparently I don't need to be tested anymore for the next 3 months as I could still test positive for a while. This document from the hospital would cover any positive test for 6 months I think. I have also been advised to self isolate for 7 more days.
    When it comes to the bill, final bill was 178,000 THB for 12 days in the hospital, insurance was quick to reply to them at first and they have already accepted payment for 110k... they didn't approve nor saw the final bill at the time I was released so the hospital is not giving me back my 100k deposit yet, they are waiting on final approval from Allianz (received some paperwork by email yesterday to fill, sign and send back to them. Hopefully just a matter of days before my deposit is given back to me.
    Glad to be finally out of this and be able to breathe some fresh air again, those 2 weeks seemed like forever. Now I can (almost) enjoy Thailand.
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!