List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the current short time rate?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: What is the current short time rate?

….
    Last edited by a447; August 22nd, 2021 at 19:43. Reason: Inappropriate image
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    There are some unkind posters here, not moi of course, who might ask if this says more about you or the boy.
    I don't know, but back in my Thailand days, I even knew quite a few guys who most would consider old, ugly and fat who had to get a separate phone just for boys, because there was too many young good looking guys who wouldn't stop bugging them. They definitely didn't have a problem with overnight stays.

So....

Liked

As there are less farang, there are also less boys. Most went home to Isan or elsewhere. The handsome and young make enough money even if the encounter is short and soso, so no use giving them extra above the 1200, that I normally give. But the bit less attractive ones find it hard to make money and they really do their best, so I tip them extra in Covidtime. And that is 1500 to 2000, depending how well they perform. But if you sit on your money, you can find them for 500, but you exploit the situation. As going out for drinks or dinner is no option, most farang are not spending the amount they used to do, so give them a bit extra. I see food lines every day and see people sleeping just opposite my home on the street at night. Life for many is awful at this moment. If a few hundred baht gain makes your day, please stay away.

4. 8 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (August 23rd, 2021), arsenal (August 23rd, 2021), dab69 (August 25th, 2021), Dodger (August 22nd, 2021), francois (August 22nd, 2021), gerefan2 (August 22nd, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 23rd, 2021), siscu58 (August 27th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    In a market economy price is set by market forces.
    Since the number of gay farang tourists has declined due to the pandemic, ...
    I say that because of declining demand the short time rate has fallen now to 500 baht? ...
    You are missing one important point. The lack of demand is not because the price is too high, but because potential customer can't get to Thailand easily. Even if gogo bars had free drinks, free offs, and no tip for the boy, I wouldn't be able to take advantage of this because I can't get to Thailand.

Same holds true for hotels and restaurants offering discounts. Nobody will go through the hoops and loops to travel to Thailand for a discount in hotel or restaurant. Applies for those establishments that cater to international tourists and now rely on local tourists. But there as well, the problem is rather curfews and travel restrictions and not price.

As for over- or underpaying, my practice here in Cambodia varies widely. At the moment, I'm inundated with free encounters. One of them mentioned financial problems on our third encounter, more specific he needs 50 USD for rent, and because all three encounters were positive, and if he had been working in a gogo bar I would have been back with all the expense, I gave him the 50 USD.

Whereas another one who is money boy and whom I had once and would meet again. It's always a long discussion, in some cases fruitless (last time he said he does not want to meet me at riverside because there are so many people, and asked if I can move back to where we first met!), and main impression is "difficult/asshole", but other than slim brown body there is something in his character that attracts me, but I cannot put my finger on it (one of the reasons why I'm looking for a repeat, but under my conditions - the first encounter was a bit rushed). But back to the point, we were negotiating between 20 (his demand) and 10 (my offer) USD at least twice, with him claiming that he charges 10 USD for 30 minutes and if I want him for an hour, I have to pay 20 USD. If it starts like this, it won't be fun. Abort and start again a few days later. I have time and I will grind him down to 10 USD for one hour.

Another in Sihanoukville for 15 USD, was working okay in bed until after 30 minutes "Can you cum? I want to go home!" That's not my style, I gave him the 15 USD we had agreed on, but no more and no repeat.

This shows, how much I tip varies wide on the circumstances.
    Last edited by christianpfc; August 22nd, 2021 at 22:54.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (August 23rd, 2021)

Liked

Yet again, off-topic posts relating to hydras have been moved to the Feedback forum under the existing title, More hydra talk.

To contribute to the topic, please click on the following link:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ra-talk/page11
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

8. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 24th, 2021)