List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the current short time rate?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

What is the current short time rate?

In a market economy price is set by market forces.

Since the number of gay farang tourists has declined due to the pandemic, I assume that the retired expats living in Pattaya, have the time of their life now? I say that because of declining demand the short time rate has fallen now to 500 baht? Is this correct? Or is it still around the 1000-1500 baht price point ?

Liked

Re: What is the current short time rate?

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I say that because of declining demand the short time rate has fallen now to 500 baht? Is this correct?
    Where did you get that from ?

Perhaps I am a little naive, but earlier in the year, I just carried on tipping in the normal range & made no attempt to exploit the situation.

3. 5 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 22nd, 2021), dab69 (August 21st, 2021), francois (August 21st, 2021), Patanawet (August 21st, 2021), riverdee (August 22nd, 2021)

Liked

Given the current situation they should be paid more, not less.

5. 10 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (August 21st, 2021), christianpfc (August 22nd, 2021), dab69 (August 21st, 2021), francois (August 21st, 2021), Oliver2 (August 22nd, 2021), Patanawet (August 21st, 2021), poshglasgow (August 31st, 2021), riverdee (August 22nd, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 21st, 2021), splinter1949 (August 21st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Given the current situation they should be paid more, not less.
    Whilst I see no reason to exploit the situation, I also see no logical reason to pay more either. I set out to neither underpay nor overpay.

Now if a board member tips in the middle of the short time range suggested in the opening post, the lad's received the equivalent of about 4 days on the minimum wage in Thailand. So he only needs about 1.5 clients per week to be equivalent to working 6 whole days on the minimum wage.

Also, all of the lads I met short time earlier this year were quite happy to come back again.
    However, when I asked them if they wanted to do short time or long time, the answer was always short time. Obviously there's a larger tip for long time and they might even get some meals out of it. However, they chose short time and didn't even enquire about how much extra they would get for long time.
    No sign of desperate finances there ! After all, if they were really struggling to get customers, they would go for long time and a bigger tip.
    Bear in mind, one long time off is going to be more than a week on the minimum wage.

Of course, the lads I see are in that exclusive group who are slim, cute, with no tattoos, breasts or facial hair. It's possible that they really were getting enough business, whilst some of the less attractive ones struggle more.

My observations were, of course, earlier in 2021. Perhaps it's more difficult now, if some expats & tourists are more reluctant to do offs due to covid.
    Most of the lads I see regularly have my Line ID. The only one who asked for money via that channel is the one who's expert at milking multiple farangs for their money. He can even remember most of the major exchange rates.
    None of the others have asked.

7. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 22nd, 2021)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

Also, all of the lads I met short time earlier this year were quite happy to come back again.
    However, when I asked them if they wanted to do short time or long time, the answer was always short time. Obviously there's a larger tip for long time and they might even get some meals out of it. However, they chose short time and didn't even enquire about how much extra they would get for long time.
    Possibly this might be a reflection on the pleasure of your company? Another lecture on investment and financial planning might be hard to take?

"Just come, give me my money, and let me get out of here"!

Liked

I've got almost the opposite experience. When I let a boy know that I'm interested in his company, quite regularly he will ask me to stay long time, particularly in beer bars. I've even had lads refusing to do short time.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gumblebee View Post

I've even had lads refusing to do short time.
    gumblebee, I don't question what you're saying about your own personal experiences, but just have to say that in 24 years...a thousand boys...a thousand offs...in hundreds of bars...in a slew of provinces, I have yet to ever once have a working boy refuse to go off for a short time.

I have been witness to situations where a boy would refuse to go off with a farang (short time, or long time), because the farang was deemed as being undesirable in some manner or a threat to the boys wellbeing - but these occurrences are extremely rare IMO.

As far as the topic of this thread "What is the current rate"... I'm sure the boys would appreciate larger tips at this stage considering the "survival mode" they're in, but would never complain if you tipped the same amount you've been tipping them for the past 20 years.

Up2U.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gumblebee View Post
    I've got almost the opposite experience. When I let a boy know that I'm interested in his company, quite regularly he will ask me to stay long time, particularly in beer bars. I've even had lads refusing to do short time.
    I don't recall any refusing to do short time.
    What type of lad are you chatting to ? Age, build etc ? Are they looking for long term relationships ?

I know of some who are well past their prime & nearing the end of their careers, who would be delighted to do long time, as I suspect they don't get much business.
    The younger ones seem keener on short time.

Liked

when I asked them if they wanted to do short time or long time, the answer was always short time.
    There are some unkind posters here, not moi of course, who might ask if this says more about you or the boy.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    There are some unkind posters here, not moi of course, who might ask if this says more about you or the boy.
    I don't know, but back in my Thailand days, I even knew quite a few guys who most would consider old, ugly and fat who had to get a separate phone just for boys, because there was too many young good looking guys who wouldn't stop bugging them. They definitely didn't have a problem with overnight stays.

So....