List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So, when WILL tourism return to normal?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: So, when WILL tourism return to normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post

With respect, I think you're buying into a Pfizer shareholder narrative there - the notion that Covid vaccination protects others now looks holed below the waterline.

The vaccinations help protect the individual from bad outcomes, but there is precious little evidence that they prevent infection or spread..
    I can't say that I've seen any Pfizer narratives suggesting that the vaccine protects other (unvaccinated) people from catching the virus. Conversely, their reports typically highlight the fact that even people who have had the vaccine can in fact catch the virus again. They can also remain A symptomatic (where they suffer no side effects whatsoever), where the possibility of them passing the virus on the someone else is a real threat.

This is true with all vaccines, and common knowledge among epidemiologists and the pharma industry (and WHO) right now.

I could be wrong, but I think this is why they want everyone to get vaccinated.

Liked

Aek of Connections Bar in BKK has posted a sad video of how Bangkok is looking now: https://youtu.be/tur-DFmwHyY.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (August 25th, 2021), Dodger (August 25th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Shocking Video.

For those who didn't watch it below is a screen grab of the video looking down Soi 2 in Silom ( the DJ Station Soi) where basically there's just nothing there anymore ! I know the bars are still there and it could all be returned to normal quite fast I'm sure, but still, very sad to see and the rest of the video makes for sad viewing too :-(

DJ.jpg

5. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (August 25th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And here I was just thinking of stopping sending money to a friend of a friend in Pattaya...
    Time for him to move back in with his mother rent free.

My friends birthday today.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Someone post a happy video....please.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jimnbkk View Post
    Aek of Connections Bar in BKK has posted a sad video of how Bangkok is looking now: https://youtu.be/tur-DFmwHyY.
    Please remember that Bangkok is now in lockdown and very few premises are able to stay open even in the daytime. Add to that the nighttime curfew starts at 9:00pm and it's hardly surprising that shops and bars are shut and there are so few people around, sadly.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 25th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Someone post a happy video....please.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7dPqrmDWxs

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

roguebear (August 27th, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 26th, 2021)

Liked

The vaccinations help protect the individual from bad outcomes, but there is precious little evidence that they prevent infection or spread..
    The covid vaccines don't prevent anything. However they dramatically improve your odds.

Deaths and severe illness are reduced by over 90%
    Your chances of having symptomatic covid are reduced by over 50%, quite a lot more than 50% in some cases
    Measuring the reduction of transmission to other people is more difficult, so there is less data. Even if people volunteer, they won't do experiments on us like they could with colonies of rats.

The vaccines are so effective that those of us who are vaccinated are likely to die of something else other than covid.

Tourism might not have returned to normal, but I think the odds of us being able to visit Thailand during the winter, with reasonable terms are improving by the day.

Here's the reason why:
    https://www.pattayamail.com/thailand...accines-369142

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Tourism might not have returned to normal, but I think the odds of us being able to visit Thailand during the winter, with reasonable terms are improving by the day.
    - I am hopeful that there will be a bit of a backlash against the Covid profiteers, not initially in Thailand, but against the huge scam of demanding the testing of travellers that most countries are now signed up to, despite Delta now accounting for 80% of global cases, and with no new notable variants for eight months.

- I am hoping that as western politicians return from their own holidays in the next few days, they will be muttering to each other about the pointless nature of them now - and the money they've had to fork out personally.

- I am also hoping that once a backlash kicks off against the profiteers, an international ball will start rolling that the Thai government will feel obliged to yield to.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

- I am hopeful that there will be a bit of a backlash against the Covid profiteers, not initially in Thailand, but against the huge scam of demanding the testing of travellers that most countries are now signed up to, despite Delta now accounting for 80% of global cases, and with no new notable variants for eight months.

I am hoping that as western politicians return from their own holidays in the next few days, they will be muttering to each other about the pointless nature of them now - and the money they've had to fork out personally.

- I am also hoping that once a backlash kicks off against the profiteers, an international ball will start rolling that the Thai government will feel obliged to yield to.
    The fees for mandatory Covid testing are irrelevant to the overall economic catastrophe Covid has inflicted. In it’s haste to reopen what is left standing in the Thai economy ie. restaurants, hotels, entertainment venue etc. I am in favor of testing all tourists as well as showing proof of inoculation against Covid. As a tourist you can see from those posted videos the devastation which is even greater here in Pattaya. Regardless of the number of vaccines there will not be enough to make safe for travel this winter for,the tourists and more important for the general populous.
    I hope at least reopening with restrictions can occur spring of 2022 but be aware that many businesses have not and will not reopen.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

15. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 26th, 2021)