Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "We don't know if we will survive" say Thai Sex Workers in Chonburi

Liked

Re: "We don't know if we will survive" say Thai Sex Workers in Chonburi

Let me try to say this in a vacuum with some people -not on this board- in mind.

If you live on your parents money as a grown man, you are far from being a credible financial advisor.
    How we spend our money is usually linked to how we earn it.

Easy come, easy go. Bravo to those who did something meaningful with their income.

Just in case; I am by no means implying that sucking Farang dick is easy.

2. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (August 18th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    And to add to Dodgers piece is of course the fact than many boys actually send money home.
    You mean: sent money home?

Not sending money any more, even returning home, is a loss of face. But is sending money home a one-way road? The better ones earned enough to buy cars and build houses and buy land. Now they have somewhere to return to so sit this out.

Assuming sex workers have 10 years to earn big, they have lost 2 years already, which is 20%. Whereas for most of us the percentual loss is much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    For example one guy I know is not Thai. He seems to have no Visa, no bank account, no money and when I sometimes “help” him I have to send it to one of his Thai colleagues. He is well and truly trapped in Pattaya.
    One of my Khmer acquaintances was in a similar situation. No own bank account, I helped him twice I think, sending money to a friend's bank account. Then in Dec 2020 he made it to Pattaya (no visa), and complained about lack of customers. I told him before, and he could have asked his friends. He made it back to Cambodia a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    The only boy I know who has asked me to send money during the pandemic is one who has several farang sending money and he seems to spend it on clubbing etc.
    None of the others have requested money or even hinted at it by suggesting times are hard or anything like that.
    After some prodding "How are things?" - "No job, no money.", I sent money to a few boys who did not ask for money. The ones asking me for money always ask for money, even before Corona. But now I cut this back and instead support boys in Cambodia.

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 18th, 2021), gerefan2 (August 17th, 2021), goji (August 17th, 2021), mr giggles (August 18th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Not sending money any more, even returning home, is a loss of face. But is sending money home a one-way road? The better ones earned enough to buy cars and build houses and buy land. Now they have somewhere to return to so sit this out.
    Certain board members have already been critical of parents sending money to their offspring, but if we dared to cricicize the flow of money in the opposite direction, I suspect there would be howls of rage.

I also know at least one lad who has been in Pattaya for at least 10 years and has bought property back home in Laos. He knows this career has a finite lifespan. Others tend not to talk about such things & even this one only told me that rather late in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    One of my Khmer acquaintances was in a similar situation. No own bank account, I helped him twice I think, sending money to a friend's bank account. Then in Dec 2020 he made it to Pattaya (no visa), and complained about lack of customers. I told him before, and he could have asked his friends. He made it back to Cambodia a few months ago.
    If this is who I think it is, he's not very good at actually getting customers. I had contact with him on Grindr when he arrived in Pattaya earlier in the year. Rather than trying to get a deal done with the prospective customer on the other end of the chat, it was all sob stories about a lack of customers.

Liked

Certain board members have already been critical of parents sending money to their offspring, but if we dared to criticize the flow of money in the opposite direction, I suspect there would be howls of rage.
    I have not read that to be honest. I did read and write that accepting such monies should exclude you from giving financial advice. Especially someone from a developed country who has not been able to create his own financial nest egg but wants to tell someone in a third or developing country how to manage their funds.

At age 18 - 25 we aren't all that financial savvy. I can also imagine that boys in this line of work need some tension release and might overspend. It's hard to put myself in their place.

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (August 18th, 2021), Dodger (August 18th, 2021), francois (August 19th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    I did read and write that accepting such monies should exclude you from giving financial advice.
    As far as I'm concerned, the only qualification someone needs to give financial advice is that they give good financial advice.

That excludes a lot of "professional" financial advisers who sometimes recommend expensive investments, purely because they get kickbacks. I recall a good friend who moved all his pensions after advice from a "financial advisor". I queried the fees and was told it's just over 1% per annum. I queried if that included both the platform management fee AND the fee for the funds. I encouraged my friend to check the documentation thoroughly. He was livid when he discovered the total of fund fees and platform fees came to about 2.4% per year. Bear in mind he was over 20 years from retirement, so about 40% of his initial investment would go in fees over that period.
    He moved his pension again without the hinderance of a financial advisor.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

you dont mention what his return on investment was...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As far as I'm concerned, the only qualification someone needs to give financial advice is that they give good financial advice.
    You’ve probably heard this before but if they can give good financial advice why didn’t they listen to themselves and retire years ago?!

Liked

I'm going to say this Christian. Living off of your parents money and living the life of an efete 19th century poet means you're simply not qualified to offer financial advice to anybody and certainly not a South East Asian sex worker.

12. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (August 18th, 2021), Dodger (August 18th, 2021), francois (August 19th, 2021), vnman (August 18th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I don’t believe for one minute the “PANDEMIC crippled the world”.

The worlds reaction is the problem.
    "Hear...hear...what's with all this dying nonsense".

14. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (August 18th, 2021)

Liked

Welcome to Christianpfc's School of Financial Wizardry.

Syllabus.
    Day 1. Get yourself well off parents.
    Day 2. Graduation ceremony.

Having graduated from CSFW you can now use your newly acquired skills to negotiate cheap sex with many boys in a variety of countries. Higher level graduates of CSFW are often able to negotiate even lower rates in return for financial advice.

Please note that well off parents are not included in the price of the course and CSFW cannot act as a third party in securing such.