Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: "We don't know if we will survive" say Thai Sex Workers in Chonburi

Liked

Re: "We don't know if we will survive" say Thai Sex Workers in Chonburi

Incidentally, the UK antibody stats are for over 18s only.
    UK serovalence data is derived from blood donations, which is not a perfect demographic, by any means. However, given the evident incautious interraction of schoolkids out of school in my area ever since the schools returned, I would surmise that if it was going to take off amongst that cohort, it would have done so some time ago. It's a pity they have not been formally surveyed.

Another finding from the snapshot survey was that two thirds of people know someone in their immediate circle of friends and family who have been both double vaxxed and subsequently infected.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    I have not read that to be honest. I did read and write that accepting such monies should exclude you from giving financial advice. Especially someone from a developed country who has not been able to create his own financial nest egg but wants to tell someone in a third or developing country how to manage their funds.

At age 18 - 25 we aren't all that financial savvy. I can also imagine that boys in this line of work need some tension release and might overspend. It's hard to put myself in their place.
    I was (financially savvy at the age 18-25, even before).

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I'm going to say this Christian. Living off of your parents money and living the life of an efete 19th century poet means you're simply not qualified to offer financial advice to anybody and certainly not a South East Asian sex worker.
    I worked a few years in my profession, but due to various circumstances beyond the scope of this board, and due to my parents' support, I'm now in kind of early retirement.

Or as I like to tell it: my parents earned enough money so they can now support themselves, me and a cat. That earning money was in a time of tremendous changes (fall of the wall, 90's), and they didn't earn that money from whining about the good old times, but from hard work and taking risks. And I didn't get to where I am now from whining about the good old times, but from moving my ass.
    Last edited by christianpfc; August 18th, 2021 at 22:37.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (August 18th, 2021), goji (August 19th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    dodger....do u think the gogos live under a rock....???...they all have access to TV/internet/MTV...they know how we live in the west/japan/korea....etc...they are fully aware that bht1000 is the price of a mains in an average restaurant back home...u must still think that the natives are all stooopid and uneducated
    They watch Western/Korean/Japanese TV, but that doesn't mean they know how we live.
    Anecdote from friends who spent some time in Africa, retold from memory:

African: I want to go to Europe.
    German: Why do you want to go to Europe?
    African: Because everyone in Europe has a house and a garden and a car.
    German: That's not true. Many people don't have a house and garden or a car.
    African: You are lying. I saw it on TV, with my own eyes!

Or a recent example of a Westerner in Cambodia whose wife thought that money comes out of an ATM, i.e. by some kind of sorcery he has that card that can get money out of ATM, and she can't because she is not privy to that sorcery.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I was (financially savvy at the age 18-25, even before).
    I was at least trying, since I'd read the financial pages in the newspapers from about 11 years old. I bought my first stocks at under 20, but to be honest that was just stagging privatizations with the pittance I had at the time. There is no barrier to learning young if motivated.

Meanwhile, I've even seen mature farang who visit Thailand still getting suckered into all sorts of nonsense, such as blatant pyramid selling schemes & falling for any over hyped investment scheme. Aspirations of achieving financial independence within 5 years failing, due to one idiotic decision after another.
    Thankfully, these seem to be in the minority,

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc

Or a recent example of a Westerner in Cambodia whose wife thought that money comes out of an ATM, i.e. by some kind of sorcery he has that card that can get money out of ATM, and she can't because she is not privy to that sorcery.
    All the boys I know think the same, farang's money comes out of an ATM, without limit.
    Last edited by christianpfc; August 19th, 2021 at 21:34. Reason: fix quotation

7. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (August 20th, 2021)

Liked

Christian and Francois seem to be mixing with boys from the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory. If anyone thinks that money simply comes out of an atm then it's Christian.

The boys I know have a very good idea of how much money they need every month for rent, food, motorbike payments etc. They know the going rate for their services be it short time, long time or fun in the bar. In short, they know the value of money and what it takes to get it. Only a very few fresh off the Isaan Sexpress think a farang knight on a white steed is going to whisk them away to paradise.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It doesn't matter how much money a person has, or how they obtained their money. The "Quality" of a person can be seen by how much compassion and generosity they show others who are less fortunate. IMHO...the rest is just bullshit.

The majority of working boys look for these characteristics in all of us, and react to us as appropriate. If you're judged as being jai dee, (translated as someone who is behaving in a way that shows you care about other people) then the world's your oyster, but if you think your money can buy you this level of respect with a Thai you're in for a huge disappointment.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 19th, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 20th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    It doesn't matter how much money a person has, or how they obtained their money. The "Quality" of a person can be seen by how much compassion and generosity they show others who are less fortunate. IMHO...the rest is just bullshit.
    The quality of a person has nothing to do with money, but it's money that puts food on the table, pays for accommodation & other expenses. Which is what I think the tread is about.

12. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 19th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

The quality of a person has nothing to do with money, but it's money that puts food on the table, pays for accommodation & other expenses. Which is what I think the tread is about.
    I could be wrong, but I think we're saying the same thing.

14. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 19th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

dodger lives in lala land...