Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "We don't know if we will survive" say Thai Sex Workers in Chonburi

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

"We don't know if we will survive" say Thai Sex Workers in Chonburi

Today, the Walking Street of Pattaya City in coastal Chonburi is no longer a place of entertainment and opportunities. Night entertainment venues that had provided jobs for many sex workers are shut. There are no bright neon lights at night and no pumping music. Tourists have vanished since last year when the COVID-19 pandemic hit Thailand.

“It’s so depressing,” said Anna, who is known along the Walking Street by her moniker.

“Nowadays, by 6 pm, Pattaya looks like an abandoned city. There is hardly any sign of life on the Walking Street. This makes me want to cry. This place used to generate income and build the future for so many people.”

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia...arving-2108501

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: "We don't know if we will survive" say Thai Sex Workers in Chonburi

Brad,

Walking Street has been closed for 6 months.

Liked

Exactly! The article is from 14 Aug 2021, whoever is still in Pattaya hoping for situation to improve soon is a slow learner.

"We don't know if we will survive" is a bit dramatic. It's not a question of life or death, rather: No more party every night, no new mobile phone every year (or even more frequently). Go home and sit it out, or rather look for other sources of income.

I realized in July 2020 that the situation won't get back to normal any soon, and took measures accordingly.

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (August 16th, 2021), goji (August 16th, 2021), splinter1949 (August 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...and yet some people includung some here claimed that sexually servicing tourists was not a bog part pof the Thai economy..

6. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...and yet some people includung some here claimed that sexually servicing tourists was not a bog part pof the Thai economy..
    Good point!

Tourism (which is measured and reported) may have been contributing 12% to Thailand's GNP, but I've always felt that the income generated from "Prostitution" blew that figure away.

If Thailand could just vaccinate their people...fire every single employee in the Tourist Authority...and start promoting "Prostitution" which has always been their core competency anyway, they'd quadruple the GNP in the first year and everyone would be happy again.

How would you like to see a promotion like this:

"The Thailand Cream Box"

1) Proof of vaccination and you're good to go.
    2) Stay as long as you like.
    3) 300,000 Prostitutes waiting to greet you with open arms and legs., e.g. boys, girls, trapese artists, transvestites, and we'll even toss in a few blind midgets if that bursts your bubble. (sorry matt, no offense intended)
    4) All bars offer totally nude entertainment - so leave the kids at home.
    5) All bars provide "Off Tokens" which, when presented at local shopping malls will get you a discount.
    6) Complimentary Song Teaw Transportation when bar-hopping for you and your prostitute(s)

Enjoy your stay in the Land of Smiles!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Go home and sit it out, or rather look for other sources of income.

I realized in July 2020 that the situation won't get back to normal any soon, and took measures accordingly.
    Oh how wise you were, Christian! Well done!

But you seem to forget that you clearly had quite a bit of money in your pockets and in your bank account for I am certain you are not working to make money stuck in Cambodia. With many millions out of work and others restricted to minimal part time work in Thailand, your advice to sex workers is more than naive. How do you suggest a sex worker finds "another source of income"? Growing vegetables for people who cannot pay for them? Then what happens when their money runs out, if it has not already done so? Don't you have any clue about what is going on in Thailand?

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (August 23rd, 2021), francois (August 16th, 2021)

Liked

If I opened a go go bar it would be in Sunee. Not sure of the name yet, maybe LondonJack's. On the hour LondonJack's express electric vehicle leaves Jomtien Complex, fare 150 baht or free if you buy a drink. Return journey 150 baht or free if you buy two drinks and one can be for a boy. It returns to Jomtien at half past and it does this all evening. Boys in briefs of different colours...some black, some white and some red. Boys wear different colours every night. (pink pants) The music is western easy listening, not too loud with a few key songs that upon playing the boys dance and invite the customers to do so too. You wanna take the boys pants off!!! That's perfectly OK provided he doesn't mind and you tip accordingly and to be honest the latter is more important than the former because it's a go go bar not a 7/11. Bait boys who's job is to lure you in but don't go with farang don't work there but it's still the boys choice if he goes with YOU or not. Buy a bottle and get a free off. Don't expect me to sit and drink with you, I don't drink (in Thailamd) and I'm sociable only on my own terms. We're open till 2.00am or longer if the outside tables are still buying. Wanna come?

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 16th, 2021), splinter1949 (August 16th, 2021)

Liked

Why not just call it Jack? That will give clients a good idea of what can go on inside.

the boys dance and invite the customers to do so too.
    That's a great idea.

When I was at the Escape Bar in Prague the guys there would dance totally naked with the customers. They would drag them onto the dance floor - I actually sprinted - and you could enjoy a good grope as the lights were dimmed.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    Oh how wise you were, Christian! Well done!

But you seem to forget that you clearly had quite a bit of money in your pockets and in your bank account for I am certain you are not working to make money stuck in Cambodia. With many millions out of work and others restricted to minimal part time work in Thailand, your advice to sex workers is more than naive. How do you suggest a sex worker finds "another source of income"? Growing vegetables for people who cannot pay for them? Then what happens when their money runs out, if it has not already done so? Don't you have any clue about what is going on in Thailand?
    This is all a bit harsh. Everyone makes choices in life. I am tired of everyone saying the sex workers have no other option in life. That is pure bs. Do I feel sorry for the sex workers who have suddenly lost their income? Of course, I do - I am as compassionate a person as the next guy. However, life must go on. Millions of Thai's lost everything they had in '97 during the Global Financial crisis. Instead of just wallowing in self-pity, they found another way to make money and get back in the game of life again. Many sex workers had life great for years. They saved little and partied like there was no tomorrow. That is on them. I have a beautiful niece who works her ass off (no, not as a sex worker) and saves 70% of what she makes every month. She is 100% Thai - from Essan, went to Bangkok on her own and found a job 7 years ago and has not looked back. She is not influenced by me or my money. But, if she lost her job tomorrow, she is not going to cry because of it. She has been saving for just an eventuality. She is also the first to tell me that there are plenty of jobs out there, even during the pandemic, but many people don't want them. My brother-in-law has worked his ass off in a factory for 30 years. To make a statement like 'how do you suggest a sex worker find another source of income' is a slap in the face to the many thousands of Thai's who have found other ways to make a baht. Again, we all make choices. I find nothing wrong with a sex worker's choice of career. However, there are no clients right now. As Christian states, that is obvious. It is time to look for other sources of income - it's been well over a year already. The money is out there if the desire is there. For most, however, there is no desire to do so.

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 16th, 2021), Moggy (August 16th, 2021), mr giggles (August 18th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post

That's a great idea.

When I was at the Escape Bar in Prague the guys there would dance totally naked with the customers. They would drag them onto the dance floor - I actually sprinted - and you could enjoy a good grope as the lights were dimmed.
    If Arsenel's bar is going to be in Sunee, he's going to need wheelchair ramps attached to the stage if farang dancing is allowed.