Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The future of the board

Liked

Re: The Long Slow Move from Sunee to Jomtien

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    Nothing new, because there is nothing happening, not any poster's fault... even all the old memories of days long gone are exhausted and exhausting at this stage. Last man out, please turn off the lights.
    So Good Bye and enjoy your nights in front of the TV...

2. User who gave Like to post:

francois (August 10th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The Long Slow Move from Sunee to Jomtien

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post

There seems to be an assumption that the gay travellers who used to flock to Pattaya (and Bangkok as well, for that matter) will start to return in droves once the pandemic is more under control and international flights become far easier.
    Most of the expats that I know seem to agree that the return of gay travelers will be a very slow and gradual process. I've honestly never heard anyone suggest that gay tourists would be returning in "droves" any time soon...even the bar owners.

I do know that of the handful of farang friends I have that have been unable to return to Thailand because of this pandemic, ALL are chomping at the bit to return as soon as they can.

When the gay tourists start slowly and gradually returning, the Boys will start slowly and gradually returning.
    Last edited by christianpfc; August 12th, 2021 at 23:04. Reason: fix quotation

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 10th, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 11th, 2021)

Liked

Re: The future of the board

Come on now guys, let's cut Zebs a break. He's one of us, remember. During the Battle of Fuckoffarsehole he donned his rusty armour, mounted his trusty bovine, Ermintrude and rode into battle against the axis powers of mrgiggles, steviewonders and sglad.

6. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (August 11th, 2021), Dodger (August 10th, 2021), goji (August 10th, 2021), mr giggles (August 11th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post

Come on now guys, let's cut Zebs a break. He's one of us, remember. During the Battle of Fuckoffarsehole he donned his rusty armour, mounted his trusty bovine, Ermintrude and rode into battle against the axis powers of mrgiggles, steviewonders and sglad.
    I agree. Zeb is one of us and performed honorably during the Hydra Battles...but Ermintrude was a cow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vKPUc-Bk6A

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (August 11th, 2021), goji (August 10th, 2021)

Liked

Well it was either her or Brian and he was a snail.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (August 11th, 2021), Dodger (August 10th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    We can hardly wait for that next instalment I'm sure !
    It might be a long wait. All of the past "tales" have been stories not easily verified by a site visit.

Seems about as likely as HMS Queen Elizabeth & USS Ronald Reagan visiting Vientiene.

Liked

Far be it for me to pour cold porridge on anybody’s ambitions - but isn’t being blind a bit of a barrier to playing ‘mine host’ - I can see it now:

13. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 14th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Far be it for me to pour cold porridge on anybody’s ambitions - but isn’t being blind a bit of a barrier to playing ‘mine host’ - I can see it now:

I'm assuming you mean me, and my ambitions to own a bar in Asia?

Obviously, I'm not going to manage the bar myself. I'm way too busy with my software thing, and there's way more money involved in online software than I could ever make at some gay bar in Vientiane.

No, no.... Leo and Gohn will manage the place. I fully trust both of them, so that's no problem. Naturally, I'll put in the necessary processes to ensure I can keep my eye on things like inventory, expenditures, revenues, et al. Well, at least the best you can at a gay bar in SE Asia.

They'll run and manage it though, not me. I'll just be the weird, quiet blind dude who hangs out there all the time with a beer while working behind his laptop, and will be the guy who everyone knows pays the bills. That sounds great to me at least.

I even asked Leo about this before. Told him I wanted to start a bar, and asked him if he was capable of finding a bunch of cute, young guys to work as staff. He scoffed at me as if I'm a total idiot with, "yeah, of course, no problem, everyone here wants money". Alright, so problem solved there, He'll recruit.

15. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (August 11th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    No disrespect to the OP, but this board has "done it's dash", there is nothing left to post about that has not already been done to death .
    SP is indeed dead, so too is this board, it just needs to be buried. Its over. The virus has killed off any new "material " which was the life blood of the gay boards, Moses pull the plug from the life support machine and let it slip away with a little dignity. Sad but true.
    Zeb, the lack of new posters or the bullying attacks they'll receive don't help the future of the board, again I will quote Rush:

'the newbie probably tried to find out the scoop through the internet. Which means they found one of the gay Thailand forums. What a scary introduction that must be! If they man up and post their questions . . . yikes! Doubtful they’ll get the answers they were looking for. But before the thread goes totally off the track (that’d be by responding post #5) they’ll be accused of being someone they never heard of; someone else will abusively tell them to use the search function; some old disgruntled Pattaya expat will tell them they will be ripped off, left with blue balls, and spat upon; and one of the bar owners in Pattaya will use their post as an excuse to promote his bar....'

17. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (August 11th, 2021), cdnmatt (August 11th, 2021), christianpfc (August 12th, 2021)

Liked

Well, I believe what has happened is...the number of paid posters...yes folks, the guys that are getting paid to post here in order to give the appearance that the board is active...has outnumbered any genuine posters. Before the pandemic those guys kinda kept a thread running ( despite the fact they more than likely are not really interested in the topic ) , but now in desperation they post anything to earn their money and their fellow paid posters support them, with "likes" and comments. Provided that the few remaining genuine posters are aware of "the game" I guess no harm done, but if they are not aware, then they are bing duped.