Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The future of the board

Liked

Re: The future of the board

Also, if anyone wants to close the board, I suppose they could make Moses an offer he can't refuse to buy it, then close it.

If they are not prepared to do that, the closure request is rather cheeky.

Who knows how much such a buyout might cost ? Some people like expensive toys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Buy the board??? Any other suggestions, maybe buy a bar in SP, or BT?? Or open a restaurant in walking street? LOL

Guys this board ...is now following the same trajectory as the other gay boards...I'm simply acknowledging that, thats all, nothing malicious.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    Any other suggestions, maybe buy a bar
    That's my plan! Although thanks to Covid, that's probably a year out.

Won't be in Thailand anyway, and will be in Vientiane instead. And it won't be a bar, it'll be a "gentleman's club".

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    That's my plan! Although thanks to Covid, that's probably a year out.
    Won't be in Thailand anyway, and will be in Vientiane instead. And it won't be a bar, it'll be a "gentleman's club".

We can hardly wait for that next instalment I'm sure !

5. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 10th, 2021)

Liked

Buy the board??? Any other suggestions, maybe buy a bar in SP, or BT??
    Well, surely you're not suggesting that having bought the board, Moses should close it, whilst being unwilling to do that yourself ?

Whatever next? Would one wander into random bars in SP or BT just to tell them they should close ?

You're correct to point out that all the gay boards have less content now. Some might be due to a quieter gay scene, with fewer stories.
    Some of it might be due to other distractions. I suspect there is a decline in forums of all types far beyond the gay scene.
    Maybe 10~15 years ago, if I had a technical problem with some IT device or whatever, there would often be a sub forum devoted to that exact model with someone reporting all the answers I ever need to the problem.

There also used to be Lonely PLanet and Travel Fish forums. If I wanted to plot an overland trip involving a bus and some obscure border crossings, someone would have done it and would offer a few tips. Even pre-covid, one of these forums was dead and the other nearly dead.

These seem much less common now. Perhaps people waste their time with Facebook, Instagram or something else now. Maybe they just post a video on You Tube ?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    We can hardly wait for that next instalment I'm sure !

Hey, if bitcoin keeps going the way it has been in the past week, should be a pretty nice bar. You'll need to come check it out.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ha if my Tesla stock keeps going the way it's going you might have to send me the airfare ! :-)

Liked

“Time for bed” said Zebedee but Dodger, Goji and Oliver2 didn’t agree. Neither did Arsenal but, undeterred, “Time for bed” again says Zebedee…………Boing, Boing, Boing.

10. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 10th, 2021)

Liked

Re: The Long Slow Move from Sunee to Jomtien

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Gay travelers who have been banned from returning to Thailand during this pandemic will want to know about these changes, and it's up to those of us who are here to provide that information. Regardless of which gay area becomes the most popular, Boyztown, Sunee, the Complex, or possibly a new area, the bar owners will rely on us to help promote their businesses and get the wind back in our rainbow sails where it belongs.
    There seems to be an assumption that the gay travellers who used to flock to Pattaya (and Bangkok as well, for that matter) will start to return in droves once the pandemic is more under control and international flights become far easier. Only a rare visitor to Pattaya I do have some happy memories, although few in the years leading up to the pandemic.

I do wonder, though, which tourists are going to return. Those who contribute to this Board, certainly. But how many does that total? Those, like me, whose visits were more around 2005-2015? Not so many, in my view. They will want to return to what they remember as a thriving Sunee and Boyztown. How long will it take to get these back up and running - if ever? With so little on offer, casual readers of this and other Thai Boards will surely wonder can the experience ever be anything like that of even a few years ago? In my view it was the volume of gogo and other bars that made Pattaya. And to a certain extent the sleaze factor. Will the sleaze ever come back? Will the volume of bars ever come back? Which is the chicken and which the egg? Lots of bars reopening but with few visitors in the first year thereby making them even more uneconomic. Or lots of visitors desperate to find something that no longer exists and who vow then to move on to pastures new for their next vacations? Do we live in a dream world when we expect everything will return to normal after a gap of well over two years and a near total meltdown of the tourist economy?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Guys this board ...is now following the same trajectory as the other gay boards...I'm simply acknowledging that, thats all, nothing malicious.
    Zeb...you're just getting depressed.

Snap out of it...throw some cold water on your face...smoke a doobie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMbSOLyyic