Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: The future of the board

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: The future of the board

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    Or lots of visitors desperate to find something that no longer exists and who vow then to move on to pastures new for their next vacations? Do we live in a dream world when we expect everything will return to normal after a gap of well over two years and a near total meltdown of the tourist economy?
    Greener pastures? For gay entertainment, I didn't find a better place than Pattaya, and everyone I spoke to, some traveled wider than I, said the same. I am not dependent on gogo bars to find gay entertainment (in my bedroom), I'm not even dependent on Pattaya, not even Thailand, but I enjoy Pattaya gogo bars and will return.

Many businesses were in decline anyway, and Covid was their death knell. Nothing will be as before. Even with the virus under control, it will take years for governments and airlines to lift restrictions imposed by Covid. That will make weekend getaways unfeasible. Even visa runs (from Thailand on a tourist visa) might be too torturous for me to continue like before Covid.

If I can't jump on a plane and go somewhere (not on a whim, but planned a week in advance) without going through tests, compulsory health insurance, and so on, I will think thrice if I can avoid that trip.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I'm way too busy with my software thing, ...

...ensure I can keep my eye on things like inventory, expenditures, revenues, et al.
    Of course you are, as you have always been, but still find plenty of time to post.

Figuratively.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (August 13th, 2021), vnman (August 15th, 2021)